Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Hettich drawer (0/1)

I made a test drawer...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice!

I was wondering why somebody would spend all that money on soft close slides
in a pine box. Pardon me but after building a few pine projects...I hate it
now.

Is that some kind of adjustment knob on the bottom of the drawer inside the
mechanism (blue knobs) for the soft close? Mine do not have anything
looking like that.

---------------
I made a test drawer...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:11:08 -0400, "Josepi" wrote:

Nice!

I was wondering why somebody would spend all that money on soft close slides
in a pine box

I tried to talk him out of it... but he gets them wholesale so I guess it's not
so bad. I would have installed cheaper.

. Pardon me but after building a few pine projects...I hate it
now.

These will be painted white, and will have chrome legs and mood lighting and
glass lamps on them... a modern statement I guess... I could have used plywood
since it's painted but I find solid pine easier to work with and it takes paint
well. It doesn't **** your saw blades either like plywood glue.

Is that some kind of adjustment knob on the bottom of the drawer inside the
mechanism (blue knobs) for the soft close? Mine do not have anything
looking like that.

The knobs adjust the fronts up and down, by a very small amount.

---------------
wrote in message ...
I made a test drawer...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

All makes sense about the saw blades. It`s just that pine is so soft and
dents up if you bump your knee into it....LOL

I have to look for those adjustable slides, next time. Sounds like it solves
a few bad days.

Thanx

drawer kits Stu Home Repair 0 September 2nd 06 01:09 AM
drawer type rolsonDesign Woodworking 7 August 28th 06 07:50 PM
drawer kits woodarama Home Repair 0 August 24th 06 12:18 PM
Drawer in the end of a Table Connor Aston Woodworking 4 February 23rd 06 03:19 PM
Drawer glides $5.00 each [email protected] Woodworking 4 July 21st 05 01:47 PM