Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Empire State Building Construction

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/14/2011 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks for stoking my acrophobia to new heights ...

Awesome!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 4/14/2011 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks for stoking my acrophobia to new heights ...

Did you say acrophobia?? ACROPHOBIA ?!?!?!?

I took a drama class in high school. I had to climb on top of a scaffold to
adjust some lights. I got up there and shook like a leaf. I was scared
****less. I finally got to the floor and wondered why there was a puddle on
the floor. It was from me sweating from 30 feet above!

I got acrophobia bad. I have always had it. And always will. I get scared
watching stuff on TV that involves heights.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

--------------------------
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Did you say acrophobia?? ACROPHOBIA ?!?!?!?

I took a drama class in high school. I had to climb on top of a
scaffold to adjust some lights. I got up there and shook like a
leaf. I was scared ****less. I finally got to the floor and
wondered why there was a puddle on the floor. It was from me
sweating from 30 feet above!

I got acrophobia bad. I have always had it. And always will. I get
scared watching stuff on TV that involves heights.

--------------------------------
Guess that eliminates any possibility of Upstate New York native
American blood in your background.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

My maternal Grandfather once told me that his first paying job as a
young boy was to climb the main mast of a clipper ship in Sydney
Harbour (Australia) and put a rope thru' the pulley sheave on the mast
top - he was paid 30 shillings for the feat - several days wages for
an adult. Many adults had tried but all had failed to get to the top,
it took him 3 attempts & his advice was - Don't look down.

regards
Bruce

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/14/2011 6:47 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 4/14/2011 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks for stoking my acrophobia to new heights ...

Did you say acrophobia?? ACROPHOBIA ?!?!?!?

I took a drama class in high school. I had to climb on top of a scaffold
to adjust some lights. I got up there and shook like a leaf. I was
scared ****less. I finally got to the floor and wondered why there was a
puddle on the floor. It was from me sweating from 30 feet above!

I got acrophobia bad. I have always had it. And always will. I get
scared watching stuff on TV that involves heights.

Know the feeling. I even hate atrium buildings and will walk along the
wall side with one hand on the wall. Also hate open/glass elevators.

That said, in the service I rappelled off cliffs and, routinely, out of
helicopters, not cheerfully, but was able to force myself, through sheer
will power, to do it. I even did some rock climbing in the service in an
effort to overcome the acrophobia ... although I am able to momentarily
overcome the fear and perform/function, it takes a lot of mental effort
and nothing really works to make it easier to take.

Basically, hate ladders, roofs and anything else that has to do with not
having my feet planted firmly on mother earth.

I am also claustrophobic ... just the thought of being handcuffed has
kept me a law abiding citizen.

Simply put, I just like to be totally free, unfettered, with a way out,
and with my feet on the ground.

Primeval genes, with a strong sense of survival ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hummm, cannot see the post even after it downloaded?
john

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Its not the hieghts I am afraid of. Its the sudden stop at the bottom.

Wag

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using
definitions version 8130
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Excellent, thanks for sharing. I think that all the safety rules is
probably what holds this country back. No natural weeding out of the too
stupid to take care of yourself. Obviously there would be exceptions Those
workers may or may not have been well educated but they had what it takes to
survive.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Top-posted as an exception:

I get about 25 times this but no picture.
Don't understand, but could you repost as a simple jpg, please?

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CBFAC9.B265FD30
05:19:39 -0700 Received-SPF: none (mta1037.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com:
domain of
does not designate permitted sender
hosts) X-YMailISG: _LFhesccZApK9jNoDaYyq3GwMGfkXZRypau0ip6nHnp2rEQb
TeZVe91Wl1JYCUmLw088NUIluVfnVGDyXhgfS0QcTA6Ic3OAlJ oVCQZd0SUn
hM8l2.4Uv7A2xLKhnG.qQfAsSsj.0RvsJnJ8yL8spCtm1VjrxE e.JYGNzaOQ
bYTZnwhsI6vJhAGjn77fK3MIZNhyO147F5j6hfG3xdzfVVHnvO ZBiLgcwU_C
jVR9bInuLIG_I8bTbG0Jrg7KcTDGaVPMlY5LnEqkuF6FiYT5Fb PGRhzDntGO
uEPnj6V55A3JaH0wc7VqbJGxuzNM9YTouvfN0p.LuOgi9x5ejA IVc1gH1WG9
8Qwe14u8pWI4opZQ6cnX6L55Ol_4d5YKm3_SRsBlF9FY69JIOE hBhO1CNYzy
GKPYu0t1.JGQmswAhfbsALX2loP18IVGiC3m2xbLNz2_KD8A
From: "Ed Pawlowski"
Subject: FW: You'll enjoy this : Empire state building you gotta see
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:23:50 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CBFA7D.490FA850

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01CBFA7D.49146340

=20

No such thing as OSHA back then! Amazingly, it is believed only 5 =
people died
during the construction and one of them was hit by a truck.
Interesting photos taken during construction of the Empire State =
Building .

=20

=20

04/12/11

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01CBFA7D.49146340

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"

STYLE type=3Dtext/cssDIV {
MARGIN: 0px
}
/STYLE

META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.19019"/HEAD
BODY dir=3Dltr bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 face=3DArial/FONTFONT =
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2=20
face=3DArial/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 face=3DArial/FONTFONT =
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2=20
face=3DArial/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2 face=3DArial/FONTFONT =
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2=20
face=3DArial/FONT /DIV
DIV
DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri';
= COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
TEXT-DECORATION: = none"FONT=20
id=3Drole_document color=3D#000000 size=3D4 face=3D"Times New =
Roman"FONT=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#000000 size=3D2 =
face=3DArial
TABLE style=3D"COLOR: #000000" border=3D0 cellSpacing=3D0 =
cellPadding=3D0
TBODY
TR
TD vAlign=3Dtop
DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT:
5px; =
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px"=20

snip
------=_NextPart_001_0005_01CBFA7D.49146340--

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CBFA7D.490FA850

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgAAAAAAAAD/wAARCAKjAtsDASIAAhEBAxEB/9sAQwAQCwwODAoQDg0
OEhEQ
ExgoGhgWFhgxIyUdKDozPTw5Mzg3QEhcTkBEV0U3OFBtUVdfYm doZz5NcXlwZHhcZWdj/9s
AQwER

snip

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01CBFA7D.490FA850--

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CBFAC9.B265FD30--

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Top-posted as an exception:

I get about 25 times this but no picture.
Don't understand, but could you repost as a simple jpg, please?

I would if I could. It was sent to me in an email and I tried to copy and
paste and the pics did not come through. It did work as a .eml attachment
for others, evidently not for you.
There are about 18 picture altogether. These may help.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg es1.jpg (65.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg es2.jpg (79.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg es3.jpg (61.6 KB, 28 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow. What would OSHA say.......
I wonder if they had a restroom?
Makes me whirl.....I know I am a lite weight....
I hear that the Native Americans were very good at these projects also.
Thanks for the pictures....john
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Han" wrote in message
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Top-posted as an exception:

I get about 25 times this but no picture.
Don't understand, but could you repost as a simple jpg, please?

I would if I could. It was sent to me in an email and I tried to copy and
paste and the pics did not come through. It did work as a .eml attachment
for others, evidently not for you.
There are about 18 picture altogether. These may help.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

snip
Thanks, Ed! Yes I have seen at least some of these famous pictures before.
Those Mohawks knew what they were doing!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/14/2011 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just to show the difference between then and now, this is me last year.

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX

Attached Thumbnails
Empire State Building Construction-phone-photos-125-jpg