Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default question about banding - File 1 of 1 - rabbet-banding.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
question about banding - File 1 of 1 - rabbet-banding.jpg (1/1)-rabbet-banding-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/7/2011 4:36 PM, Han wrote:

If you can get away with it, consider putting the rabbet in the end
panel (as below) ... you'll have a stronger joint and won't need to edge
band the bottom, except on the front edge that shows.

Here is what I was working on the afternoon that I mentioned in the wRec
just a few minutes ago.

All the front edges on this light-box shelf are edge banded with iron on
maple banding.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Attached Thumbnails
question about banding - File 1 of 1 - rabbet-banding.jpg (1/1)-cubbyshelf-new-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/7/2011 4:36 PM, Han wrote:

If you can get away with it, consider putting the rabbet in the end
panel (as below) ... you'll have a stronger joint and won't need to edge
band the bottom, except on the front edge that shows.

Here is what I was working on the afternoon that I mentioned in the wRec
just a few minutes ago.

All the front edges on this light-box shelf are edge banded with iron on
maple banding.

Of course, that is how I should do it.

I've done a fair amount of iron-on (oak) veneering of edges. I want to do
something else. At least try it. If I can't get it nice enough I can
still go the ironing route.

--
Best regards
Han

question about banding Han Woodworking 11 April 9th 11 03:05 AM
question about banding Han Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 April 8th 11 12:10 PM
Banding on bowls Tom Dougall Woodturning 5 May 6th 08 02:48 PM
Edge banding Dick Snyder Woodworking 2 November 2nd 07 03:01 PM
Edge banding question Woodworking 0 August 11th 03 02:47 PM