DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maple and Purple Heart Bowl - P1240065.jpg (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/329489-re-maple-purple-heart-bowl-p1240065-jpg-0-1-a.html)

Ralph E Lindberg February 21st 11 03:49 PM

Maple and Purple Heart Bowl - P1240065.jpg (0/1)

In article ,
Ray wrote:

I am fairly new to wood turning. Here is a picture of a segmented
bowl still on the lathe. I am having a problem with the purple heart
tearing out on the trailing edge. It only happens on the inside of
the bowl. It is not a major defect but would be interested in a way
of preventing it.

So would I. Purple Heart has a terrible tear-out issue and every
turner runs into it

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv