Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Box to Iraq

My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I went
out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord lanyard and
paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day after
Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He had just
gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it into the box for
safe keeping.

Attached Thumbnails
Box to Iraq-ii-jpg  Box to Iraq-box-w-light-ii-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Roger amd Missy Behnke" wrote in
:

My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I
went out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord
lanyard and paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day
after Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He
had just gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it
into the box for safe keeping.

begin 666 II.jpg

Attachment saved: D:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\II.jpg
`
end

begin 666 Box w light II.jpg

Attachment saved: D:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\Box w light II.jpg
`
end

Very nice!
Thank your son for his service to all of us, and send him my best wishes
for a productive tour helping others get back on their feet. Most of all,
a safe and happy return home!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I went
out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord lanyard and
paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day after
Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He had just
gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it into the box for
safe keeping.

Great Idea and beautiful box. Might not be perfect for a soldier, but
a Pak-lite is nice for a spare light, snaps on the end of a 9 volt
battery so you can use up those smoke alarm batteries when you change
them out every 6 or 12 months. Fits in a shirt pocket. I love mine and
have given several as gifts.

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-det...22#page=page-1

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Never confuse endurance with hospitality.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wonderful present and makes me wonder why we have such talented young men
and women inlisted in and fighting such a nasty conflict. I wish your son a
safe return, and end to this war, and a return to domestic issues
confronting the American People.
john

"Roger amd Missy Behnke" wrote in message
My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I went
out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord lanyard and
paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day after
Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He had just
gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it into the box
for safe keeping.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Roger amd Missy Behnke" wrote in
:

My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I
went out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord
lanyard and paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day
after Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He
had just gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it
into the box for safe keeping.

You reminded me of Joe Behnke, one of the nicest people in the Manhattan
VA, who was killed in Baghdad in a vehicle accident, a little over 6 years
ago. I know Behnke is not an unfamiliar name.

http://freedomremembered.com/index.p...h-otto-behnke/

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I passed on everyone's well wishes and thanks to my son. Thanks to all of
you for your thoughts. This kind of support is very important to a deployed
Soldier.

He received the box on the day after Christmas. He us using it in and
unexpected way. His Captain gave him a challenge coin in recognition of his
hard work. He is keeping it in the box.

"Roger amd Missy Behnke" wrote in message
My son wanted a spare light to have while he is deployed in Iraq so I went
out and picked up a small LED flashlight and added a paracord lanyard and
paracord wrap to the body of the light.

It seemed like I could do something to make the package a little more
special, so I made this box to put the light in. He got it the day after
Christmas and liked the light, but liked the box even more. He had just
gotten his first Challenge Coin from his Captain and put it into the box
for safe keeping.

Iraq, the age of darkness. RBnDFW Metalworking 1 October 6th 10 07:39 AM
OT ....Iraq? harry Home Repair 1 June 28th 10 12:41 AM
U.S. officers in Iraq say Wes[_2_] Metalworking 5 December 24th 08 02:46 PM
U.S. officers in Iraq say RB[_2_] Metalworking 2 December 23rd 08 11:00 PM