Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Clock - 1 attachment

My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010 Wood
magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails
Clock - 1 attachment-clock-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

?
"Larry" wrote in message
My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010 Wood
magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Larry

Very nice, but what is on the bottom that looks like a jar of beans?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

?
"Larry" wrote in message
My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010 Wood
magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Larry

Very nice, but what is on the bottom that looks like a jar of beans?

Ed, I think that is hammered copper longing for patina, which should come
automagically. I think it is indeed a very nice clock!
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

?
"Han" wrote

?
"Larry" wrote in message
My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010 Wood
magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Larry

Very nice, but what is on the bottom that looks like a jar of beans?

Ed, I think that is hammered copper longing for patina, which should come
automagically. I think it is indeed a very nice clock!
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Sometimes a photo does not convey the message
properly.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/26/2010 8:51 PM, Larry wrote:
My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010 Wood
magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Beautiful ... that front is going to look progressively more gorgeous as
it oxidizes. Nice job on shaping the pegs also, a task not as easy as it
looks.

Well done!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

?
"Larry" wrote in message
My take on the Greene and Greene clock from the Nov 2010
Wood magazine. Made from hard maple with bloodwood trim.

Larry

Very nice, but what is on the bottom that looks like a jar
of beans?

Jar of beans??? I couldn't figure out what the hell you were
talking about until I saw a follow-up. ;o} Yes, it is hammered
copper that I assume will "age".

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Real elegant piece.
I did read on and figured the bottom out being copper.
The picture makes it slightly hard to tell.
A beautiful work of art.
john