DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Segmented turning, An Introduction, part 2 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/311509-segmented-turning-introduction-part-2-a.html)

Kevin Miller[_2_] October 12th 10 03:20 AM

Segmented turning, An Introduction, part 2

1 Attachment(s)
Continuing on with our segmented turning project, another repeat post.
Hope this one gets through.

So OK, now we have our segments all done, so we need to glue them
together. This photo shows a small piece of scrap wood glued in place
with CA glue which dries almost instantly. I line up the upper ring
where it goes, the glue some scrap pieces in place to keep it from
sliding around when it's being glued together. Four or five of them
around the ring does the trick. Makes the glue up a lot easier and more
accurate!

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska