Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Finished Countertops - 2 attachments

These are the finished countertops I was asking about on the wreck. The
project had two purposes: First to cover the naked (eek!) cabinets and
second to clean out my scrap bin.

The first countertop was the prototype, and as a result much less refined
than the second. The second countertop had all the ends cut square
before glueup, and was clamped in both directions during glueup. The
second one turned out much nicer than the first.

Here's another tip: Before applying finish, test the fit of all your
pieces. I forgot to trim the second one to width before finishing and
had to cut it, reroute the edge, and reapply finish. :-(

The camera seems to be magnifying my inexperience with applying the
polyurethane finish. It's not as noticable as the camera makes it
appear. (Not that the finish was good by any means... I've still got a
lot to learn before I get to "decent.")

Puckdropper

Attached Thumbnails
Finished Countertops - 2 attachments-s_second-countertop-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s_first countertop.jpg (187.1 KB, 34 views)