DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cherry bow box (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/308907-cherry-bow-box.html)

skeez August 27th 10 11:21 PM

cherry bow box

3 Attachment(s)

A Lurker August 28th 10 01:32 AM

cherry bow box

Great idea and nice execution. The ribbon is super. Steamed?

Jerry

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] August 28th 10 04:02 AM

cherry bow box

"skeez" wrote in message

Nice box, but next time sweep the plane shavings off the top before taking
the photo.

They look delicate and elegant. Are they strong enough to lift the lid
with?

Mark & Juanita August 28th 10 05:45 AM

cherry bow box

skeez wrote:

That is very cool. How did you do the bow?

Rob Leatham

mac davis[_5_] August 28th 10 07:11 AM

cherry bow box

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:21:17 -0400, skeez wrote:

Interesting.. How did you do the bow?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

skeez August 28th 10 12:56 PM

cherry bow box

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:11:32 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:21:17 -0400, skeez wrote:

Interesting.. How did you do the bow?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

the bow was a practice session..... I had never steam bent anything
before so I gave it a shot. it was soooo easy. after bending I took
the 4 ribbons to the sander and sanded the miters on them doing 2 then
gluing together then took the 2 halves and sanded them to fit and
glued together. I shot the bow with deft [5 coats and glued the curl
on the bottom to make sure it stayed that way and to make it stronger
to lift with. After the box lid was done I took my pocket knife and
scraped off some finish where the bow was to set and glued it on with
CA. it is strong enough to lift the lid [so far] :-] the lid was cut
then spun on the lath to hollow out the botton and bowl shape the top
to make it much lighter. the lid is about 1/4" thick exept around the
perimeter.

skeez

Casper August 28th 10 01:33 PM

cherry bow box

skeez,

Very nice indeed. Excellent job on the bow. I know I couldn't have
come close to making it look that good.

`Casper

jloomis August 29th 10 02:02 AM

cherry bow box

Yes, very nicely done, and the flower on top is a nice touch.
john