Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
lh lh is offline

Default Morris Doveys saw horse - DSC05360.JPG (0/1)

I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:51:41 -0500, lh wrote:

I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.

Who is Morris?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:52:10 -0400, Desmond
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:51:41 -0500, lh wrote:

I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.

Who is Morris?

Nevermind - I did a Google search - came up with this link:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/SawHorse/

check it out - lot's of pix & info.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:51:41 -0500, lh wrote:

Morris Doveys saw horse -

Here's a link that is all about saw horses:

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/07...mate-sawhorse/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 2010-04-20 18:51:41 -0700, lh said:

I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.

Tried making a couple of these sawhorses - turned out great. Surprisingly
stable and very solid.

Thanks for posting the design. I never would have known about it had it
not been for your post..

William

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"lh" wrote in message
I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.

Morris is kind of an old fashioned kind of fellow, he really appreciates a
Please and Thank You for his efforts. Perhaps if you ping him on
rec.woodworking.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"lh" wrote in message
I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse.
It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a
handsaw.

I attempted to upload a SketchUp model of the sawhorse. You can
download the free version of SketchUp from Google - it makes for a nice
little 3D design app.

Things to note:

All boards are 30" long.
All angles are 10 deg.
A carriage bolt holds the single leg in place. This way it can pivot
to accommodate surfaces that are not level. But make sure it is tight
enough to stay in place.

Note that with a clamp squeezing the top of the sawhorse, the sawhorse
can be used as a clamp for any 2x piece of lumber.

Let me know if you have any other questions. The original website that
had this info appears to be gone...

William

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Sketch up only works on XP or newer, no W2K or older.

Mike in Ohio

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Morris Doveys saw horse - DSC05360.JPG (0/1) - 20mm-grid-sawhorse-detail.jpg (0/1) (yEnc)

In article , William

On 2010-04-20 18:51:41 -0700, lh said:

I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It
cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.

Tried making a couple of these sawhorses - turned out great. Surprisingly
stable and very solid.

Thanks for posting the design. I never would have known about it had it
not been for your post..

William

My modified version of Morris's design adds 20mm holes, uses locally
available wood (no 2x4 softwood), and a 7degree slope.

They are part of my MFT style system. If the pic doesn't make it more
details are at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nui-jer...7622407585122/

--
Jerome Meekings

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Morris Doveys saw horse - DSC05360.JPG (0/1) - 20mm-grid-sawhorse-detail.jpg (1/1) (yEnc)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20mm-grid-sawhorse-detail.jpg (110.8 KB, 32 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

OK, I'll bite. What is an MFT system? Many friggin' thumbholes? An implied
advertizement for Lucky Strikes?

Did you use Morris' standard length of 30"/762mm ? I have not seen a post from
him here in a long time, or over on the Wrec now that I think of it.

Regards,
Roy

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 11:46:16 +0900, SCUBA Bookreader
wrote:

In article , William

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Roy" wrote in message

OK, I'll bite. What is an MFT system? Many friggin' thumbholes? An
implied
advertizement for Lucky Strikes?

Did you use Morris' standard length of 30"/762mm ? I have not seen a
post from
him here in a long time, or over on the Wrec now that I think of it.

Regards,
Roy

IIRC Multi Function Table, Festool

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/m...unction-tables

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:27:42 -0500, "Leon" wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message
.. .

OK, I'll bite. What is an MFT system? Many friggin' thumbholes? An
implied
advertizement for Lucky Strikes?

Did you use Morris' standard length of 30"/762mm ? I have not seen a
post from
him here in a long time, or over on the Wrec now that I think of it.

Regards,
Roy

IIRC Multi Function Table, Festool

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/m...unction-tables

Ah. Festool. I've heard of them. Thanks, Leon.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , Roy
wrote:

OK, I'll bite. What is an MFT system? Many friggin' thumbholes? An implied
advertizement for Lucky Strikes?

Leon is correct MFT is the Multi Function Table, by Festool. it has a
96mm grid of 20mm holes.

For me the MFT has too many compromises and is too expensive.

However the use of a standard hole pattern in work tops, assembly tops,
saw horses, bases of tools etc makes life easier.

Did you use Morris' standard length of 30"/762mm ?

No. I don't remember the exact size (may be 800mm). Neither did I use
10 degrees (didn't have any dimensions when I made mine). I used 7
degrees

I have not seen a post
from
him here in a long time, or over on the Wrec now that I think of it.

Regards,
Roy

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 11:46:16 +0900, SCUBA Bookreader
wrote:

In article , William

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 9/12/2010 4:06 AM, SCUBA Bookreader wrote:

For me the MFT has too many compromises and is too expensive.

The expensive part I understand ... what are the "compromises"?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

On it's way, Morris? Leon[_6_] Woodworking 6 December 18th 09 12:32 PM
Thanks, Morris! TD Driver[_3_] Woodworking 1 June 12th 09 03:41 AM
OK, Here Ya Go Morris J T Woodworking 5 June 30th 07 07:34 PM
Hey Morris J T Woodworking 1 April 22nd 07 03:47 PM
Horse power, horse hockey boorite Woodworking 15 September 22nd 06 03:41 PM