Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pens

More Pens

Attached Thumbnails
Pens-dsc06997-small-jpg  Pens-dsc06975-small-jpg  Pens-dsc06337-small-jpg  Pens-bulletpen-jpg  Pens-dsc03697-small-jpg

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03690 (Small).JPG (69.2 KB, 39 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"BrianInHampton" wrote in message
More Pens

Nice... Just curious, what is Pen #3, the green one, made of?

Bill

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey Bill, that one was made from an acrylic blank I bought from woodcraft
last year.
Thanks,
Brian

--
This is my plug for my web pages!!!!!!
www.ustream.tv/channel/nikitas-woodworks
"Bill" wrote in message

"BrianInHampton" wrote in message
More Pens

Nice... Just curious, what is Pen #3, the green one, made of?

Bill

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pens - Blue Corian Slim.jpg (0/1)

Nice work. I especially like the second pen. Is that a snake skin or??

I got a bullet pen from a fellow guild turner and ended up the next
day giving it to a good friend who ooohed and aaahed soon as he saw
it. He got one of my corian pens for his wife and said she loves it.

`Casper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pens - Blue Corian Slim.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Pens-blue-corian-slim-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"BrianInHampton" wrote in message
More Pens

..

Ahhh the money blank looks good. I have been reluctant to turn one. Thanks
for the show. I'll have to turn a couple for my son.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Casper" wrote in message

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"Casper" wrote in message

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?

First you purchase a Festool jig saw.

Then you go over to a friend's house witha corian counter top.

Then you get them drunk.

Then...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

"Casper" wrote in message

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?

First you purchase a Festool jig saw.

Then you go over to a friend's house witha corian counter top.

Then you get them drunk.

Then...

I see..... ;~) But what about Coropn? LOL

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

In article , Leon
wrote:

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?

I made friends with a local cabinet shop owner who does a lot of
kitchen work. He now saves the sink cutouts and small cut offs for me.
I will make him a pen/pencil set out of some of it which he gives to
his customers as a gift. They love having it knowing that it was made
from their countertop.

It's a cheap price to pay for an almost unlimited supply of corian, aka
coropn :-)

Joe
aka 10x

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"10x" wrote in message
In article , Leon
wrote:

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?

I made friends with a local cabinet shop owner who does a lot of
kitchen work. He now saves the sink cutouts and small cut offs for me.
I will make him a pen/pencil set out of some of it which he gives to
his customers as a gift. They love having it knowing that it was made
from their countertop.

It's a cheap price to pay for an almost unlimited supply of corian, aka
coropn :-)

Joe
aka 10x

Sounds like a deal. Typically I do the same for my customers, if they buy a
piece of furniture from me I turn a pen from the same wood and let them keep
the pen after they write me the check with that pen.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?
Leon

A member of my carving guild works in a wood shop that specializes in
things like counters, stairs, floors and all manner of large and small
projects. She gets me Corian leftovers which I cut down. Right now I
have over a hundred cut to pen sizes but honestly don't know if I will
ever make that many. Some love it and some prefer wood or other
materials. I like the Corian because it stays cleaner and is easier to
clean should I muck it up. Lately I've been doing other things with
Corian. It's a wonderful material for the scroll saw.

`Casper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

First you purchase a Festool jig saw.

Then you go over to a friend's house witha corian counter top.

Then you get them drunk.

Then...

Lee Michaels

LOL .. Tried that once Lee .. but the dog caught me. The piece I cut
off ended up a chew toy! Next time I'll take a steak bone.
`Casper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I made friends with a local cabinet shop owner who does a lot of
kitchen work. He now saves the sink cutouts and small cut offs for me.
I will make him a pen/pencil set out of some of it which he gives to
his customers as a gift. They love having it knowing that it was made
from their countertop.

Great idea and I do that occasionally as I don't often make as much to
sell as I give away. Good for getting free meals though!

It's a cheap price to pay for an almost unlimited supply of corian, aka
coropn :-)

I've had trouble getting a good shine on "coropn" so ended up sticking
to Corian. Besides, it was easier for me to remember how to spell.

`Casper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Casper" wrote in message
Where are you getting Coropn blanks.... or are you using scraps?
Leon

A member of my carving guild works in a wood shop that specializes in
things like counters, stairs, floors and all manner of large and small
projects. She gets me Corian leftovers which I cut down. Right now I
have over a hundred cut to pen sizes but honestly don't know if I will
ever make that many. Some love it and some prefer wood or other
materials. I like the Corian because it stays cleaner and is easier to
clean should I muck it up. Lately I've been doing other things with
Corian. It's a wonderful material for the scroll saw.

`Casper

I kinda like turning the man made materials as they tend to polish up nice
and stay that way with out having to add a wax or sealer.