Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default cabinet (0/1)

Bought some old Oak kitchen cabinets from sale where Base Housing
being torn down and replaced. Paid $100 for these and several others.
Took one big base unit and made a work bench for my shop.
My wife wanted these in her sewing room. Center section too
small to fill in the area when the two big cabinets were mounted so I
cut down another of the cabinets I had bought and added the two little
cabinets to the center piece. Had some repair to do. I got lucky on
that. I used Golden Pecan stain on the repairs and it matched
perfectly.
My wife is happy and we all know how important that is.

George aka Bumhead
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 3/21/2010 9:19 AM, bumhead wrote:
Bought some old Oak kitchen cabinets from sale where Base Housing
being torn down and replaced. Paid $100 for these and several others.
Took one big base unit and made a work bench for my shop.
My wife wanted these in her sewing room. Center section too
small to fill in the area when the two big cabinets were mounted so I
cut down another of the cabinets I had bought and added the two little
cabinets to the center piece. Had some repair to do. I got lucky on
that. I used Golden Pecan stain on the repairs and it matched
perfectly.
My wife is happy and we all know how important that is.

Well done, George ... it's a good feeling to rescue and make something
old, but still usable, into something that really works for you.

Right now I have a garage full of cabinet 'drawers and doors' that I've
recently scrounged out of a million dollar home being remodeled, and
that I have plans for using in the next shop.

I'll have to do things backwards and make the cabinets fit the existing
doors and drawers, but that's not a biggie.

Looking good ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote in message
Bought some old Oak kitchen cabinets from sale where Base Housing
being torn down and replaced. Paid $100 for these and several others.
Took one big base unit and made a work bench for my shop.
My wife wanted these in her sewing room. Center section too
small to fill in the area when the two big cabinets were mounted so I
cut down another of the cabinets I had bought and added the two little
cabinets to the center piece. Had some repair to do. I got lucky on
that. I used Golden Pecan stain on the repairs and it matched
perfectly.
My wife is happy and we all know how important that is.

George aka Bumhead

Good save George! but uh, can your wife actually reach the center cabinets?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That was my question. She has a step stool and that is what she
wanted. I expect to hear, "George, can you reach this for me?"

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:15:47 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"bumhead" wrote in message
.. .
Bought some old Oak kitchen cabinets from sale where Base Housing
being torn down and replaced. Paid $100 for these and several others.
Took one big base unit and made a work bench for my shop.
My wife wanted these in her sewing room. Center section too
small to fill in the area when the two big cabinets were mounted so I
cut down another of the cabinets I had bought and added the two little
cabinets to the center piece. Had some repair to do. I got lucky on
that. I used Golden Pecan stain on the repairs and it matched
perfectly.
My wife is happy and we all know how important that is.

George aka Bumhead

Good save George! but uh, can your wife actually reach the center cabinets?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote

"Leon" wrote:

Good save George! but uh, can your wife actually reach the center
cabinets?

That was my question. She has a step stool and that is what she
wanted. I expect to hear, "George, can you reach this for me?"

My wife tells everybody that the reason she married me was because I am
tall. Apparently I am some kind of step stool subsitute.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah, why not save.........I have cabinets in my garage from years ago......
They were in someones front yard......"free" Made of shop grad 5./8"
ply.....heavy duty suckers.....why not.
john
"bumhead" wrote in message
Bought some old Oak kitchen cabinets from sale where Base Housing
being torn down and replaced. Paid $100 for these and several others.
Took one big base unit and made a work bench for my shop.
My wife wanted these in her sewing room. Center section too
small to fill in the area when the two big cabinets were mounted so I
cut down another of the cabinets I had bought and added the two little
cabinets to the center piece. Had some repair to do. I got lucky on
that. I used Golden Pecan stain on the repairs and it matched
perfectly.
My wife is happy and we all know how important that is.

George aka Bumhead

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote in message
That was my question. She has a step stool and that is what she
wanted. I expect to hear, "George, can you reach this for me?"

It is what keeps us important! ;!)