DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gloat: shaper spindles (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/297752-gloat-shaper-spindles.html)

basilisk February 7th 10 02:23 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

2 Attachment(s)
I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Mark & Juanita February 7th 10 03:05 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

basilisk wrote:

I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Awesome. Looks like they are in great shape -- at least better shape than
the box holding them.

Rob Leatham

basilisk February 7th 10 03:59 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

On 02/06/2010 09:05 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:
basilisk wrote:

I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Awesome. Looks like they are in great shape -- at least better shape than
the box holding them.

They are in great shape the locks and adjustments work flawlessly,
I can see this leading to a couple of hundred dollars worth of cutters.

basilisk

Mark & Juanita February 7th 10 04:03 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

basilisk wrote:

I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Awesome. Looks like they are in great shape -- at least better shape
than
the box holding them.

They are in great shape the locks and adjustments work flawlessly,
I can see this leading to a couple of hundred dollars worth of cutters.

basilisk

Take a look at Grizzly cutters. If you are using these for hobby work,
the Grizzly cutters do fine and they are very affordable.

Rob Leatham

Buddy[_5_] February 8th 10 03:03 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 20:05:41 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

basilisk wrote:

I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Awesome. Looks like they are in great shape -- at least better shape than
the box holding them.

There is never a situation where having more rounds is a disadvantage.

Unless the 'rounds' is ammunition - lol

Mark & Juanita February 8th 10 05:07 AM

gloat: shaper spindles

wrote:

basilisk wrote:

I was gifted a couple of shaper spindles and saw mandrels.

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and generously
donated these to the cause.

basilisk

Awesome. Looks like they are in great shape -- at least better shape
than
the box holding them.

There is never a situation where having more rounds is a disadvantage.

Unless the 'rounds' is ammunition - lol

May want to read that again. Unless you think that having more ammunition
is a disadvantage.

Rob Leatham