Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Campfire/firepit seating ...

Saw this in a magazine some time back, can't remember which one, but
whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration.

Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Less than $20 and 30 minutes, and comfort is for the sitting ... great
for camp/firepit seating.

(1) PT 2 x 8 x 10
(1) PT 2 x 8 x 8
Handful of deck screws for PT application

If anyone knows the mag, I'll be glad to give them credit.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Attached Thumbnails
Campfire/firepit seating ...-campfirebench-jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CampfireBench.pdf (589.8 KB, 99 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:06:11 -0600, Swingman wrote:
Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Thinking that a table top could also be added to the seat. When not in
use, it could be hinged to fold down the back. ~ Just a thought to
add a little functionality.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:06:11 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Saw this in a magazine some time back, can't remember which one, but
whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration.

Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Less than $20 and 30 minutes, and comfort is for the sitting ... great
for camp/firepit seating.

(1) PT 2 x 8 x 10
(1) PT 2 x 8 x 8
Handful of deck screws for PT application

If anyone knows the mag, I'll be glad to give them credit.

Might have to give that a try. Got a dump trailer last summer and
have found hauling 6-10 yards of branches & or rotted woods to the
recycler far more practical then trying to burn it. One hour round
trip as opposed to all day burning. I've graded it all out and will
put in a recreational fire pit and just burn firewood. These look
pretty comfortable and I have a couple of PT 2x12 I didn't use.
Thanks for the idea.

Mike M
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The poor man's adirondack..! grin Makes good use of left over
construcion lumber.. Can't help but want to get those back legs to
swivel in for storage.. -Jim

On 1/23/2010 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Saw this in a magazine some time back, can't remember which one, but
whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration.

Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Less than $20 and 30 minutes, and comfort is for the sitting ... great
for camp/firepit seating.

(1) PT 2 x 8 x 10
(1) PT 2 x 8 x 8
Handful of deck screws for PT application

If anyone knows the mag, I'll be glad to give them credit.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks for the pics and diagram.
Made one yesterday. Sturdy and quite comfortable. I think a table using
the same sort of idea with X legs would fit in nicely.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 1/27/2010 5:50 AM, vaaljapie wrote:
Thanks for the pics and diagram.
Made one yesterday. Sturdy and quite comfortable. I think a table using
the same sort of idea with X legs would fit in nicely.

Your welcome. Thanks for the feedback ... actually got to use the one I
made yesterday, in its intended location, and was surprised at how
comfortable it was.

If you come up with any mods, let us know.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/27/2010 5:50 AM, vaaljapie wrote:
Thanks for the pics and diagram.
Made one yesterday. Sturdy and quite comfortable. I think a table using
the same sort of idea with X legs would fit in nicely.

Your welcome. Thanks for the feedback ... actually got to use the one I
made yesterday, in its intended location, and was surprised at how
comfortable it was.

If you come up with any mods, let us know.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

My $.02 worth. I would put hinges under the seat on both sides so they could
fold under. Add 2 metal studs on each side at mounting location for back.
Use wing nuts on studs. This way easy to travel to camp site saving space.
Hope this is clear enough. warren

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 1/27/2010 1:36 PM, WW wrote:
wrote in message
On 1/27/2010 5:50 AM, vaaljapie wrote:
Thanks for the pics and diagram.
Made one yesterday. Sturdy and quite comfortable. I think a table using
the same sort of idea with X legs would fit in nicely.

Your welcome. Thanks for the feedback ... actually got to use the one I
made yesterday, in its intended location, and was surprised at how
comfortable it was.

If you come up with any mods, let us know.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

My $.02 worth. I would put hinges under the seat on both sides so they could
fold under. Add 2 metal studs on each side at mounting location for back.
Use wing nuts on studs. This way easy to travel to camp site saving space.
Hope this is clear enough. warren

LOL! You sure you don't want to upholster the seat while you're at it?

The whole idea is two pieces of wood, seven cuts, twenty minutes 'til
sit down, and a twenty dollar bill ... with some change left to buy a
beer with. g

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hello,

Would it be possible for somebody to post the photos and/or
instructions to make this cheap camping chair? I missed the
instructions but caught everyones high praise of the setup....

Thanks,

Misti

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:54:07 -0800, Jim Hall
wrote:

The poor man's adirondack..! grin Makes good use of left over
construcion lumber.. Can't help but want to get those back legs to
swivel in for storage.. -Jim

On 1/23/2010 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Saw this in a magazine some time back, can't remember which one, but
whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration.

Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Less than $20 and 30 minutes, and comfort is for the sitting ... great
for camp/firepit seating.

(1) PT 2 x 8 x 10
(1) PT 2 x 8 x 8
Handful of deck screws for PT application

If anyone knows the mag, I'll be glad to give them credit.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

The poor man's adirondack..!grin Makes good use of left over
construcion lumber.. Can't help but want to get those back legs to
swivel in for storage.. -Jim

On 1/23/2010 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Saw this in a magazine some time back, can't remember which one, but
whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration.

Wanted to make sure it works before passing it on and today is the first
chance I've had to make one. Surprisingly stable and comfortable.

Less than $20 and 30 minutes, and comfort is for the sitting ... great
for camp/firepit seating.

(1) PT 2 x 8 x 10
(1) PT 2 x 8 x 8
Handful of deck screws for PT application

If anyone knows the mag, I'll be glad to give them credit.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CampfireBench.pdf (589.8 KB, 79 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank You Swingman!!!

Misti

Re-seating a tap ClassA UK diy 3 January 28th 07 11:31 PM
Firepit from SS washing mach. drum? TT Metalworking 5 April 23rd 05 06:42 AM
Firepit , status unknown jj3000 Home Repair 7 March 6th 05 10:24 PM
Firepit on a Wood Deck [email protected] Home Repair 8 December 17th 04 04:52 PM
Firepit on a Wood Deck [email protected] Home Ownership 8 December 17th 04 04:52 PM