DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stools and shelf units matching table and chairs (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/294357-stools-shelf-units-matching-table-chairs.html)

Nonny December 20th 09 06:05 AM

Stools and shelf units matching table and chairs

3 Attachment(s)
This is a pair of shelf units built to fit behind a sectional
couch facing the fireplace in our kitchen. Beside the shelf units
sit two light weight stools. The items are made primarily of
cherry, with walnut legs on the stools, a walnut band around the
seats of the stools and the shelf units match the design of the
kitchen table, which sits near them.

The vertical supports of the shelf units are laminated with a
cherry center and walnut sides to add some interest and all items
are pinned together with dowels and no metal fasteners.

What might be of interest is my use of scraps from the shelf
units. As mentioned, the styles are made of a cherry core, with
walnut facing both inside and out. The "X"-shape of the vertical
pieces resulted in a number of cutouts, which I saved. We had
another fireplace in the great room, and the scraps were glued
together and placed in front of the glass doors of the fireplace.
Someone mentioned that they resembled vertically stacked
moustaches, so I named the design, "Barbershop Quartet." The name
stuck and it received quite a few compliments on the artistry. I
never told folk that it was just glued together scraps from the
shelf unit project.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Mark & Juanita December 21st 09 03:11 AM

Nonny wrote:

This is a pair of shelf units built to fit behind a sectional
couch facing the fireplace in our kitchen. Beside the shelf units
sit two light weight stools. The items are made primarily of
cherry, with walnut legs on the stools, a walnut band around the
seats of the stools and the shelf units match the design of the
kitchen table, which sits near them.

Very interesting design for the shelf units, gives them a very fluid feel.
Good work

Rob Leatham