Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Blanket Chest from Recent Projects

Main post is in rec.woodworking
Attached Thumbnails
Blanket Chest from Recent Projects-blanket-chest-2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Main post is in rec.woodworking

Very nice. The grain just jump out at you.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Russ Stanton wrote:
I have six grandchildren and this is the first of six blanket chests.

It's a grandfathers job to spoil the grandkids and you're certainly
doing a great job of that! That's a treasure.

It is based on a plan from FWW Mar/Apr 98 and made from Walnut and
Beech. The Beech came from Rockler and was described as "flame
curly". The finish is GF two step with Seal-A-Cell and Arm-R-Seal.

I've been wanting to do a nice blanket chest for some time but never
seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. But I think I may have now.
I'll have to track down a copy of that issue. Thanks.

The inside is done is Shellac.This is my third woodworking project
since getting back into the hobby after about 30 years.

Wow, you certainly hit the ground running.

I applied the finish before I glued up the chest.

I always like to do that myself. Less risk of glue blotches.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Russ Stanton" wrote in news:KRFDm.1946$LE1.1428
@newsfe14.iad:

Main post is in rec.woodworking

*trim*
Attachment decoded: Blanket Chest 2.jpg

That looks really really nice Russ! it's a beautiful piece.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin and Puckdropper, thank you so much for the kind words. My wife and I
picked out the Beech just for the figure but had no idea it would turn out
as nice as it did. The local Rockler had it on sale at 50% off, IIRC it was
about $3 a bdft.
Russ
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
"Russ Stanton" wrote in
@newsfe14.iad:

Main post is in rec.woodworking

*trim*
Attachment decoded: Blanket Chest 2.jpg

That looks really really nice Russ! it's a beautiful piece.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Main post is in rec.woodworking

The grain is just stunning! Very nice job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Russ Stanton wrote:

Main post is in rec.woodworking

Striking. That grain is awesome

Rob Leatham
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I think all have just about said everything. What a pretty piece of
furniture to grace your home.
john
"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Main post is in rec.woodworking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments. My oldest granddaughter
will enjoy the chest once we get it delivered. She will be 12 years old by
the time we make delivery. She was out for two weeks of grandma and grandpa
summer camp with another three of our grandchildren. While here I taught her
to tunr a pen and she really enjoyed it. Not only that she picked up on the
technique rather quick.
Russ
"jloomis" wrote in message
I think all have just about said everything. What a pretty piece of
furniture to grace your home.
john
"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Main post is in rec.woodworking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Through tenons and curves are a nice added touch.. Beautiful wood and great
job enhancing it out with your finish.. Looks great.! Going to be one happy
grand daughter..

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Main post is in rec.woodworking

blanket chest - blanket chest 001.JPG [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 March 23rd 08 11:14 PM
blanket chest (0/1) [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 March 23rd 08 10:54 PM
INSPIRATIONS? A few of my recent projects Andy Woodworking 8 March 10th 07 12:34 AM
Recent Projects JeffB Woodworking 5 March 1st 05 08:45 AM
SOme recent Projects Will Woodworking 3 February 1st 05 07:05 AM