Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Piece of ash, round two (0/1)

Set of pics before I screw it up or it comes apart..
Last hollowing was at about 1,300 rpm..

BTW, it's a small piece, final diameter is about 8".....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Piece of ash, round two (0/1) (0/1)

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:50:48 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

No pictures??? I'll try again..

Set of pics before I screw it up or it comes apart..
Last hollowing was at about 1,300 rpm..

BTW, it's a small piece, final diameter is about 8".....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Piece of ash, round two (0/1) (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Piece of ash, round two (0/1)-01-jpg  Piece of ash, round two (0/1)-02-jpg  Piece of ash, round two (0/1)-03-jpg  Piece of ash, round two (0/1)-04-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

Still using the old spigot, eh? Turned out good. Doncha hate
hollowing out below the rim!
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

No man is an island, but then no man
is a potato salad, either.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:38:45 -0400, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Still using the old spigot, eh? Turned out good. Doncha hate
hollowing out below the rim!

Spigot?? WasAt?

Just started playing with simple hollowing, Gerald.. Gotta get lots of use out
of the Eliminator if I want to Buy a Hunter hollower..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow.. Is that the same piece of ash! What a difference.. Would neve have
guessed it would have so much color, mineral deposits and grain variation..
Looks like money to me, Mac.. Just in time for the holiday season..

-Jim

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 23:31:40 -0700, "Jim Hall"
wrote:

Wow.. Is that the same piece of ash! What a difference.. Would neve have
guessed it would have so much color, mineral deposits and grain variation..
Looks like money to me, Mac.. Just in time for the holiday season..

-Jim

It's been a real time consumer, that's for sure... Spalting is nice, but there
always seem to be punky spots or weird end grain..

I've been sanding, flooding with Danish oil, and sanding.. about 5 times so
far.. More sanding than I should need, but it's a pretty deep undercut and I
don't have the skill or tools to do it without major tool marks at the
transitions..

Hoping that in this market that it will bring about $125 but not holding my
breath.. NOBODY has any money down here this year...

Big show on Oct. 28th and it might have a chance there..