DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sour Grapes and my Blanket Chest (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/289390-sour-grapes-my-blanket-chest.html)

GarageWoodworks October 13th 09 10:10 PM

Sour Grapes and my Blanket Chest

2 Attachment(s)
I think I posted this one a while back, but I cant remember. Anyway, I
submitted this chest to be published in a book by Fine Woodworking. I
actually designed/made the chest specifically for the entry. Anyway, I
don't think I made the cut; I would have heard by now. So I'm not going to
buy the book out of spite :^(

Mine (small images enlarge):
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Entry:
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...-upcoming-book

--
www.garagewoodworks.com

Mark & Juanita October 14th 09 05:42 AM

GarageWoodworks wrote:

I think I posted this one a while back, but I cant remember. Anyway, I
submitted this chest to be published in a book by Fine Woodworking. I
actually designed/made the chest specifically for the entry. Anyway, I
don't think I made the cut; I would have heard by now. So I'm not going
buy the book out of spite :^(

Mine (small images enlarge):
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Entry:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...-upcoming-book

Neat design.

Rob Leatham

GarageWoodworks October 14th 09 09:17 PM

Sour Grapes and my Blanket Chest

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
GarageWoodworks wrote:

I think I posted this one a while back, but I cant remember. Anyway, I
submitted this chest to be published in a book by Fine Woodworking. I
actually designed/made the chest specifically for the entry. Anyway, I
don't think I made the cut; I would have heard by now. So I'm not going
buy the book out of spite :^(

Mine (small images enlarge):
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Entry:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...-upcoming-book

Neat design.

Thank you!

Rob Leatham

Jim Hall[_3_] October 18th 09 07:05 AM

Sour Grapes and my Blanket Chest

Like the overall design and the inlay work on the mullions.. Looks like a
little influence from your TV cabinet project with the flared corner posts.
I'm sure your wife has put the chest to good use and is enjoying the look
and additiional storage space even if FWW passed it up..

-Jim

et...