Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Topless .... End Tables, Pictures 1 & 2

I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

Rob Leatham

Attached Thumbnails
Topless .... End Tables, Pictures 1 & 2-handles-jpg  Topless .... End Tables, Pictures 1 & 2-tables001-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

Gorgeous work ... looks like something that should be in FWW. You should
really consider submission.

The hardware is world class and really does the project justice.

Excellent design, Mark ... tasteful, elegant and the execution is flawless.

Congratulations on a superb project ... can't wait to see the granite
tops. I really like the combination of wood and stone, or metal.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice.

Your house needs a good dusting.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

.... snip

Congratulations on a superb project ... can't wait to see the granite
tops. I really like the combination of wood and stone, or metal.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. Can't wait for the tops
either, I'm looking forward to getting these in place.

Rob Leatham
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

Very nice.

Thanks.

Your house needs a good dusting.

I'll set the maid right on it. :-)

B.

.... snip

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the
granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

I love the lines of this. Those corner poasts are just goorgeous and really
set off everything.

How did you make those? Where did you get the idea/design? How is
everything attached to those legs?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

those are really going to look nice with granite on top.
I like the brass/wood/stone combo.
great idea....nice work.
john
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the
granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Fantastic design. Beautiful results.
Way beyond my skill.

George (aka Bumhead)

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:38:35 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
om...
I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the
granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

I love the lines of this. Those corner poasts are just goorgeous and really
set off everything.

How did you make those? Where did you get the idea/design? How is
everything attached to those legs?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as
are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the
granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).

I love the lines of this. Those corner poasts are just goorgeous and
really set off everything.

Thanks for your very generous comments

How did you make those?

I started out with 8/4 Cherry plain-sawn, laminated two pieces (would have
preferred to start with 16/4, it would have provided better lines) then cut
the blanks at 45 degrees to get closer to a 1/4 sawn look. To make the
curves, I generated an arc that took 1/2" from the center of the post,
traced that onto a template, using the bandsaw to rough out and then used
the shaper for final shaping, followed by a spokeshave to clean it up --
one could do the same with a router table.

Where did you get the idea/design?

My own design, the basic approach was based upon a set of end tables my
wife saw as far as the three drawers and shelf -- the curves, plant-on
panels, and overall lines were my design.

How is
everything attached to those legs?

All attachments are mortise and tenon. If I were to do this again, I
would also recess the stiles into the legs in order to provide a cleaner
fit.

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

bumhead wrote:

Fantastic design. Beautiful results.

Thanks for your comments

Rob Leatham
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Gorgeous work! I love the style and color.The handles are really a
nice touch. Hope you post pics with the granite when it arrives.
`Casper

I've been completing the end table project -- carcases are complete as are
the drawers. Took the following pictures before going to order the granite
tops. The tops will be a 1" granite with beveled edge in a dark Verde
(green) color. Ordered the tops Friday, they should be done in about a
week. This has been one long project. This shows the first picture and
the hardware planned for the drawers (Horton Brass -- this is a Makintosh
style handle).
Mark & Juanita

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Casper wrote:

Gorgeous work! I love the style and color.The handles are really a
nice touch.

Thanks

Hope you post pics with the granite when it arrives.
`Casper

I absolutely plan to do so.

Rob Leatham