DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Temp Clamp And Rip Fence Index (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/287210-temp-clamp-rip-fence-index.html)

Leon[_6_] September 14th 09 11:26 PM

Temp Clamp And Rip Fence Index

2 Attachment(s)
Ok this is pretty simple but works flawlessly. I was cutting tennons on the
TS and had the rip fence set as my guide for the length of the tennon. Of
course the tennons were about 125/256" long, not 1/2", that would have been
too easy. Any way I discovered that I needed to cut some more stock and I
would need to return to the previous fence setting. Tough to repeat. So I
put my Bessey Revo 12" clamp to work, clamped to the fence rail and indexed
squarely against the "t" on the fence. Repeat setting, no problem.

Also I am building some tall cabinets and have 8 frame and panel sides.
There are 3 different style sides that go together and keeping up with the
pieces and in what order they need to stay in was going to be a job in it
self. Why not dry assemble and leave it that way and also be able to move
the panels around the shop? Shrink Wrap, the industrial version of the
stuff you cover your dishes with in the kitchen works great. It is light
weight, clamps securely and is CHEAP.