Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

Default A reply to Why I hate Norm Abrams

By the way, thanks for for all the help Norm.

Attached Thumbnails
A reply to Why I hate Norm Abrams-front6-jpg  A reply to Why I hate Norm Abrams-front7-jpg  A reply to Why I hate Norm Abrams-cupboards1-jpg  A reply to Why I hate Norm Abrams-cupboards2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 8/24/09 3:54 PM, "LdB" wrote:

By the way, thanks for for all the help Norm.

Really good looking laundry room.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice looking deck.....2x8's? joisting?
How did you attach to house? (curious)
I see the railing is done to code also.....stair and deck.....
We have a 42" height requirement now.....jeeees....You need a step ladder to
see over the rail......
What kind of wood did you use?
Cedar?
john
"LdB" wrote in message
m...
By the way, thanks for for all the help Norm.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

The decks were built with of green PT. 2x10 laminated main beam across
the front, 2x8 joists on 16" centers, 2x6 decking, screw fasteners.

There's a 2x8 bolted to the house with joist hangers holding the deck
joists. Standard deck construction around here. The main beam is
sitting on anchors that are screwed 6 feet into the ground below the
frost line. The anchors haven't moved in three years. If they ever do
they can be adjusted few inches up or down. The screw anchors are a
requirement around here.

The picture was taken before the decks were finished. I finished them
with Benjamin Moore exterior wood alkyd translucent stain.

A PT deck will never look as good as ceder deck, but with a good
finish their appearance is more than acceptable to all but the most
critical eye. The average person neither knows or cares what the deck
is made of. They're more concerned with what's in their glass, and
that's what it's all about.

Cheers

LdB

jloomis wrote:
Nice looking deck.....2x8's? joisting?
How did you attach to house? (curious)
I see the railing is done to code also.....stair and deck.....
We have a 42" height requirement now.....jeeees....You need a step ladder to
see over the rail......
What kind of wood did you use?
Cedar?
john
"LdB" wrote in message
m...
By the way, thanks for for all the help Norm.