Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default OT - Varmint control

Okay, I can't think of a newsgroup crowd that's more likely than this one to
be able to answer this - I got varmints. Not sure if they're moles or
gophers but they're making a mess of the yard in our new place - 1 acre out
in the country, surrounded by 40 acres of orchard. Anybody have any tried
and true suggestions for killing these little *******s? I've tried the
sonic vibrators in the ground. I've tried flooding them out (water ran for
an hour and didn't come out anywhere so they must have a fricking metropolis
down there. I've tried multiple times the Giant Destroyer gas bombs where
you dig down to their hole, light it, stick it in and then cover it with
dirt. They just keep coming back and I'm afraid I'm gonna end up like Bill
Murray in Caddyshack. I figure all I really have to do is make my property
less welcoming than the orchard around us and they'll go out there but so
far nothing's working. Any suggestions?

Note - a former classmate suggested to me that the most humane way is to
spread dog hair around their holes. To be clear, I'm not looking for humane
ways of putting them in halfway houses and helping them get jobs. I want to
kill them. I want to kill their families. I want to kill people they met
once on the bus. I want to hit them so hard that their distant relatives
back east feel it. I want them gone. sob I just want my beautiful lawn
back!!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Victor De Long wrote:
[...]

Don't know how well it works but it should be fun. See
http://www.rodenator.com/.
booyah,
jo4hn the woodenator
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
Victor De Long wrote:
[...]

I think you should test it in the basement before using it in the
yard. ;)

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

If we weren't all a little crazy, we'd
go nuts.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote in message
Victor De Long wrote:
[...]

WOW! That looks like fun! I'm gonna buy one even though I don't have pest
problems.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote
Don't know how well it works but it should be fun. See
http://www.rodenator.com/.

Wow! A small, portable version of a fuel-air bomb. Exactly what they use
in Afganistan to blow up terrorists in caves. Never thought of applying
that technology to varmints. Well......, the little critters are
terrorists, right? So blow em up!

I got a kick out of their tortured prose on their web page. I particularly
like this little gem.

"use our knowledge and experience to deliver safe, effective and organically
friendly pest control products "

Blowing them up apparently is organically friendly. So you can blow up
little critters and be green too!! I was trying to figure out that logic
and the only thing I could come up with is that you convert the little
critters to non chemical fertilizer.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:03:58 -0700, "Victor De Long"
wrote:

http://www.getridofmoles.com/

[...]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Snipped from following reference:

"During the mating season the testes of the male Star-Nosed Mole can
represent nearly ten percent of his total body weight"

Damn!

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:03:58 -0700, "Victor De Long"

wrote:

http://www.getridofmoles.com/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah, I remember it being like that in high school too.

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:03:58 -0700, "Victor De Long"

wrote:

http://www.getridofmoles.com/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I loved the video.
I went to a s eminar put on by the local university ag dept.They said the
only thing that works is the spear traps. but I go a funnel and put a hose
on it, suck it in the mound and poured a combination of ammonia and
Clorox, cover the hole. the ammonia chloride gas is really bad if you
inhale it. seemed to work, but where there is one there is a million. ps
they do not eat "peanuts" all they eat is earthworms and grubs

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Art Art is offline

Victor De Long wrote:
[...]

Connect a hose to the exhaust pipe of you care and run into one of their
holes and then backfill. Start your car and let it idle for a few hours.
Any critters in the holes are now fertilizer. And no pesky chemicals used.

--
Art

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Actually, earthworms are not native to America. They also eat any humus and
organic material in the soil which depletes the soil. I always thought it
was good to have them but recent articles I found indicated otherwise. They
are bad for the soil.

"Jim Willemin" wrote in message
7.131...
"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

Well, the deal is that you aren't using poisons. Never mind that in
addition to the varmints you're wreaking utter havoc with the earthworm
population. In passing, our cats take care of the mole population quite
nicely. Takes longer, but equally effective.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Victor De Long" wrote in message

Note - a former classmate suggested to me that the most humane way is to
spread dog hair around their holes. To be clear, I'm not looking for
humane ways of putting them in halfway houses and helping them get jobs.
I want to kill them. I want to kill their families. I want to kill
people they met once on the bus. I want to hit them so hard that their
distant relatives back east feel it. I want them gone. sob I just want
my beautiful lawn back!!

I know how you feel. In my case I have voles which are supermice. They
demolished hundreds of casa blanca lilies, big patches campanula, several
patches of iris and other flowers in just one week. Look up voles on the
Internet to see how prolific and voracious they are.

I have been baiting them with a product called Vole Control
http://www.volecontrol.com/gophers.html I found on the internet. I cannot
tell if I got them on not but the bait keeps disappearing.