DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Deck repaired and bench detail-deer watching in the backdrop (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/283051-deck-repaired-bench-detail-deer-watching-backdrop.html)

jloomis July 25th 09 01:44 AM

Deck repaired and bench detail-deer watching in the backdrop

4 Attachment(s)
Tore out an old deck, lots of repairs, and voila...not much but satisfying
that it got put back in short order.
I do like the bench detail and so do the owners.....It works well and is
easy to build.
Oh, those deer were watching me too.....
john

Ed Pawlowski July 25th 09 02:56 AM

"jloomis" wrote in message
Tore out an old deck, lots of repairs, and voila...not much but satisfying
that it got put back in short order.
I do like the bench detail and so do the owners.....It works well and is
easy to build.
Oh, those deer were watching me too.....
john

Nice work. The rounded end is a nice touch instead of the usual square end.
Good place for skunks to live under a low to the ground deck too.

jloomis July 25th 09 04:03 AM

Deck repaired and bench detail-deer watching in the backdrop

They wire that section......although the skunks and racoons have other
places to hide......regardless.......
Thanks
john

Mark & Juanita July 25th 09 04:30 AM

jloomis wrote:

Tore out an old deck, lots of repairs, and voila...not much but satisfying
that it got put back in short order.
I do like the bench detail and so do the owners.....It works well and is
easy to build.
Oh, those deer were watching me too.....
john

Nice pictures of the deer. Deck's nice too.

Lee Michaels July 25th 09 04:57 AM

"jloomis" wrote in message
Tore out an old deck, lots of repairs, and voila...not much but satisfying
that it got put back in short order.
I do like the bench detail and so do the owners.....It works well and is
easy to build.
Oh, those deer were watching me too.....
john

Reminds me of a place I stayed at one summer as a youth. There was deer
everywhere, One morning we woke up to some noise and looked out side. There
was a deer standing on the roof of the car! Took some paint off too.

And the bench detail is nice. I like the rounded look too.

Casper July 26th 09 12:42 AM

Deck repaired and bench detail-deer watching in the backdrop

Nice job. I especially like the way you built the benches. Simple but
elegant. Did you have that "being watching feeling while you worked?"

`Casper

jloomis July 26th 09 02:43 PM

Deck repaired and bench detail-deer watching in the backdrop

Those deer are something. I just helped the owner build a fence to keep the
dogs out.......And now the deer come in like a sanctuary......dog free....
john