Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
GF GF is offline

Default Blue Print Flat File Plan

Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Thanks,
GF
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

GF wrote:
Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Sorry, I do not. That said, any woodworker/cabinetmaker worthy of the
name should be able to make you one.

Basically start out with any plan for a "chest of drawers" and
modify/dimension the casework and drawers to accept 24" x 36" documents.

This is not a difficult task ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
GF wrote:
Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Sorry, I do not. That said, any woodworker/cabinetmaker worthy of the
name should be able to make you one.

Basically start out with any plan for a "chest of drawers" and
modify/dimension the casework and drawers to accept 24" x 36" documents.

This is not a difficult task ...

....and might be made really easy with SketchUp. :-T

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"GF" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Thanks,
GF

The answer is YES, someone does know where to find a plan for a Blue print
flat file.

I can tell you with reasonable certainty that your public library will have
a book on the subject.

While published plans may or may not be to your specifications, if you like
I would be happy to draw you up a set of plans to your requirements. There
would be of course a reasonable charge for this service.

Alternatively, have you considered a used office furniture store?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Swingman wrote:
GF wrote:
Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Sorry, I do not. That said, any woodworker/cabinetmaker worthy of the
name should be able to make you one.

Basically start out with any plan for a "chest of drawers" and
modify/dimension the casework and drawers to accept 24" x 36" documents.

This is not a difficult task ...

...and might be made really easy with SketchUp. :-T

LOL!

Actually, if I had the time I might draw one up and make it. "Rolled"
plan sets breed like rabbits ... perhaps if laid flat, in a dark drawer,
they wouldn't be so prolific.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

Swingman wrote:
GF wrote:
Does anyone know of a place to find a plan for a Blue print flat file
cabinet?

Sorry, I do not. That said, any woodworker/cabinetmaker worthy of the
name should be able to make you one.

Basically start out with any plan for a "chest of drawers" and
modify/dimension the casework and drawers to accept 24" x 36" documents.

This is not a difficult task ...

...and might be made really easy with SketchUp. :-T

Man, between you and Leon it's starting to sound like Lee and
his "Leebrary" advice on steroids:

Q: Do you have ...?
A: Go to the library, then use Sketchup

:-)