Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Real Wood Worker

He was using his DeWalt Rotary Hammer attachment when I came by.
I think they are 18.5 volt now, and Lithium Carbide.....
Longer lasting....
john

Attached Thumbnails
Real Wood Worker-woody-woodpecker-2-imgp5908-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

He was using his DeWalt Rotary Hammer attachment when I came by.
I think they are 18.5 volt now, and Lithium Carbide.....
Longer lasting....
john

Aaargh. The ones around here are so destructive. Not just my buildings,
they are killing a couple of trees and it looks like one of my Saguaro is
going to succumb to the myriad holes they have drilled into it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
jloomis wrote:

He was using his DeWalt Rotary Hammer attachment when I came by.
I think they are 18.5 volt now, and Lithium Carbide.....
Longer lasting....
john

Aaargh. The ones around here are so destructive. Not just my buildings,
they are killing a couple of trees and it looks like one of my Saguaro is
going to succumb to the myriad holes they have drilled into it.

Are you sure it's the woodpeckers that are killing the trees and saguaro or
is it the bugs the woodpeckers are feasting on that are doing the real
damage?

I don't know either - just askin'

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

He was using his DeWalt Rotary Hammer attachment when I came by.
I think they are 18.5 volt now, and Lithium Carbide.....
Longer lasting....
john

Aaargh. The ones around here are so destructive. Not just my
buildings,
they are killing a couple of trees and it looks like one of my Saguaro is
going to succumb to the myriad holes they have drilled into it.

Are you sure it's the woodpeckers that are killing the trees and saguaro
or is it the bugs the woodpeckers are feasting on that are doing the real
damage?

I don't know either - just askin'

It's the woodpeckers. It isn't small holes that are being formed, it is
large nesting types of holes. The one saguaro must have about 20 or more 3
inch or larger holes in it

As far as the trees, I don't think it's the bugs, it's the holes that are
getting bored into the trees all around
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

With the frequent drought and with warming temperature, the trees here have
less sap and thus more bug infestation. With more bug infestation more
birds are brought into the picture. So, I beleive it is a combination of
effects.
I do know the bark beetle has desimated many forests and thus created a huge
fire risk. Thes bark beetles are generally discoraged by the sap from a
healthy tree. When there is little sap the bugs are easily attacking the
tree.
(what I have read, and heard about, although may be missing some info.)
jloomis

Real wood flooring? Richard UK diy 12 January 24th 07 11:43 AM
International Real Estate Directory -Find Real Estate, Rentals, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Agents and Brokers. MyDirectory Home Repair 0 December 28th 06 09:57 PM
Laminate vs real or machined wood peter UK diy 7 November 11th 06 11:59 AM
real wood flooring andrewpreece UK diy 8 December 12th 04 07:41 PM
When I Am An Old Worker of Wood Michael Baglio Woodworking 19 March 2nd 04 07:19 AM