Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Lumber in the rough

Wednesday was bright and sunny so I took my camera to a park about 10
minutes from downtown Des Moines.

Iowa isn't well-known for its vast forested areas, but where we do have
trees, we sometimes manage to get it right.

Hope you enjoy this bit of eye candy!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Attached Thumbnails
Lumber in the rough-park2x4-jpg  Lumber in the rough-park2x2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Wednesday was bright and sunny so I took my camera to a park about 10
minutes from downtown Des Moines.

Iowa isn't well-known for its vast forested areas, but where we do have
trees, we sometimes manage to get it right.

Hope you enjoy this bit of eye candy!

--

Yabbut Morris, how am I going to make furniture out of that??

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Morris Dovey wrote in news:4a045cc0$0$87079$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Wednesday was bright and sunny so I took my camera to a park about 10
minutes from downtown Des Moines.

Iowa isn't well-known for its vast forested areas, but where we do have
trees, we sometimes manage to get it right.

Hope you enjoy this bit of eye candy!

Very Nice, Morris.

Btw, looking right now at Colossal Construction on DiscoveryScience (here
in Jersey it is FiOS channel 122), where some Dutchmen and Danes are
mangling English while installing some giant windmills in the North Sea off
IJmuiden, Holland.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

Wednesday was bright and sunny so I took my camera to a park about 10
minutes from downtown Des Moines.

Iowa isn't well-known for its vast forested areas, but where we do have
trees, we sometimes manage to get it right.

Hope you enjoy this bit of eye candy!

Thanks, that's pretty nice. It's been too dry here this year for the
desert flowers. The impale-you-verde are blooming, so the desert has a
nice yellow splash of color. Your's is nicer though.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Thanks, that's pretty nice. It's been too dry here this year for the
desert flowers. The impale-you-verde are blooming, so the desert has a
nice yellow splash of color. Your's is nicer though.

I think there are probably places of seasonal beauty everywhere. Ewing
Park is a legacy from an 1880's Des Moines women's gardening society
whose members seem to have liked lilacs - there are supposed to be more
than 1400 varieties of 'em in the park, with a scattering of flowering
crabapple trees for punctuation, and a surround of (mostly) oak and
softwoods to serve as a backdrop. For about ten days each spring the
park explodes with blossoms and the aroma of lilacs.

During the rest of the warm season it's just a big grassy area with a
lot of bushes - and enough shade to make it a perfect place for
city-dwellers to spread an old blanket and enjoy a quiet picnic.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Cutting rough lumber rjdankert Woodworking 6 October 23rd 06 03:33 PM
ROUGH LUMBER CUT-OFF STAND J T Woodworking 5 March 8th 06 12:24 PM
Rough Cut Lumber gov Woodworking 9 February 3rd 06 08:51 PM
Rough lumber (how to?) mrcomp_ca Woodworking 21 May 20th 05 01:14 PM
milling rough lumber [email protected] Woodworking 15 January 22nd 05 04:41 PM