Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Latest Picture of Garage Construction

24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.
jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Latest Picture of Garage Construction-cypress-garage-imgp5300-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.

You building it for yourself?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

jloomis wrote:
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.
jloomis

I built mine with trusses. Wish I had have gone your route. Can't have
enough room for storage.

Have a beer, You guy deserve one.

LDB
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah,
I will have my "diet soda" actually Hansens makes a great ginger ale. (oh
with a splash of orange juice.)
Closest thing to ale for me....

I could have used trusses but like traditional framing. Storage and
strength.
Trusses are wonderful, easy. quick, and I hate them........
I was surprised by the amount of space upstairs......
There will be 2 walls built confining the space to practical use, and doors
put in those walls for storage use in the cubby area.
jloomis construction and concrete
"LdB" wrote in message
jloomis wrote:
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.
jloomis

I built mine with trusses. Wish I had have gone your route. Can't have
enough room for storage.

Have a beer, You guy deserve one.

LDB

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Well done ... as usual.

Looks like you're gonna enjoy it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

"jloomis" wrote in message
Yep.
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.

You building it for yourself?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I am the Builder.......
The owner will enjoy it.
I always say, "The only trouble is, its not at my house"
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message
Well done ... as usual.

Looks like you're gonna enjoy it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

"jloomis" wrote in message
Yep.
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.

You building it for yourself?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On that note, here's a "post and beam" frame job I'm currently building for
a client ... strange "posts", eh?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

"Swingman" wrote in message
Well done ... as usual.

Looks like you're gonna enjoy it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

"jloomis" wrote in message
Yep.
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.

You building it for yourself?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Attached Thumbnails
Latest Picture of Garage Construction-img00149-20090305-1654-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I like it. I built and designed a similiar structure 2 story garage with
lights above like your design. Very nice job, and are those beams or ply
panels?
Good work!
I am roofing the garage I am building today.....
jloomis

"Swingman" wrote in message
Well done ... as usual.

Looks like you're gonna enjoy it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

"jloomis" wrote in message
Yep.
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
24 x 28 garage with 9/12 pitch. TGI 28' spans.....16" @ 16'0.c.
Rain, hail, and wind.....we managed to get the roof rafters up.

You building it for yourself?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
I like it. I built and designed a similiar structure 2 story garage with
lights above like your design. Very nice job, and are those beams or ply
panels?

LVL's ... the "posts" are site built "box column's" to accommodate the LVL
beams ... picture below (plans in SketchUp, and one installed on the
foundation)

Good work!

Thank yew ... I got a good framing crew on this one. Story in the wRec.

I am roofing the garage I am building today.....

We'll dry in this coming Monday ... rain forecast on Wednesday.

Good luck ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Attached Thumbnails
Latest Picture of Garage Construction-box-column2-asbuilt-jpg  Latest Picture of Garage Construction-box-column1-asbuilt-jpg  Latest Picture of Garage Construction-boxcolinstalled-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I like the design. Very similiar to Simpson Sturdi Wall.
Amazing what a ply skin can do to provide strength and rigidity.
Again, nice looking work.
I am off to roof more today......9/12 pitch and hard on the body.
Sat. but dry.......
jloomis
"Swingman" wrote in message
"jloomis" wrote in message
I like it. I built and designed a similiar structure 2 story garage with
lights above like your design. Very nice job, and are those beams or ply
panels?

LVL's ... the "posts" are site built "box column's" to accommodate the LVL
beams ... picture below (plans in SketchUp, and one installed on the
foundation)

Good work!

Thank yew ... I got a good framing crew on this one. Story in the wRec.

I am roofing the garage I am building today.....

We'll dry in this coming Monday ... rain forecast on Wednesday.

Good luck ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote
I like the design. Very similiar to Simpson Sturdi Wall.
Amazing what a ply skin can do to provide strength and rigidity.
Again, nice looking work.

Nice thing is that you can leave the skin off until everything is braced
plumb and level, than glue and nail the skins on. Really helps to lock
in/maintain P&L.

I am off to roof more today......9/12 pitch and hard on the body.
Sat. but dry.......

Ouch! ... this one s 5 1/2/12, steep enough for me these days.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08