Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default My first pens (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
My first pens (1/1)-pens1-2-jpg  My first pens (1/1)-pens3and4-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice work. they will show off quite well.
jloomis

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looks good. I've been making pens for a few months now. Sure is a
fun hobby. Domestic woods can make some beautiful stuff also. Cross
cut Oak is beatiful. I made a set using Australian Lacewood that came
out nice.
Make great gifts. I took 8 pen and pencil sets home for stocking
stuffer this past Christmas. Every one loved them.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:36:33 -0800, "jloomis"
wrote:

Nice work. they will show off quite well.
jloomis
.. .

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Nice work. they will show off quite well.
jloomis

When you say "crosscut" I assume you mean cut diagonally to
accentuate the grain ? I have access to plenty (much of it highly
figured) white oak. Perhaps I should experiment ...? Please let me
know just what you meant.

I remembered I had a 1 x 6 x 6' piece of padauk that I had purchased
20 some years ago for a project that I never ended up doing. Took
awhile to find it but I cut a piece off the and will give that a try
soon. =0)

Lenny
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Nice work. they will show off quite well.
jloomis
wrote in message
. ..

I think that is what attracted me, the ability to use all kinds of
cool species of wood without breaking the budget. If my first few are
any indication, it's going to be hard to hold onto them for long. I
agree, they make good gifts ! (and apparently so do my family members)
=0)
Thanks,
Lenny

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default My first pens (1/1) - xcutoak [50%].JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
My first pens (1/1)-xcutoak-%5B50%25%5D-jpg