Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Grandson's toy train

SWMBO went to visit her sister so I took the couple of hours and had
some fun in the workshop.
This was done from scratch out of my head, no plans or anything, just a
proof of concept really. I wanted to see if there were any problems I
couldn't handle in making a train set so that when it came to doing the
real thing I'd be ready.
The kid is way too young for this yet, but they grow quickly and I work
slowly.
I'll put some poly on it and see what the daughter thinks.

Mekon
BTW Happy new year to all

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Mekon wrote in
:

SWMBO went to visit her sister so I took the couple of hours and had
some fun in the workshop.
This was done from scratch out of my head, no plans or anything, just a
proof of concept really. I wanted to see if there were any problems I
couldn't handle in making a train set so that when it came to doing the
real thing I'd be ready.
The kid is way too young for this yet, but they grow quickly and I work
slowly.
I'll put some poly on it and see what the daughter thinks.

Mekon
BTW Happy new year to all

Happy New Year to you too!
Nice proof of concept. I like the style!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:

SWMBO went to visit her sister so I took the couple of hours and had
some fun in the workshop.
This was done from scratch out of my head, no plans or anything, just a
proof of concept really. I wanted to see if there were any problems I
couldn't handle in making a train set so that when it came to doing the
real thing I'd be ready.
The kid is way too young for this yet, but they grow quickly and I work
slowly.
I'll put some poly on it and see what the daughter thinks.

Mekon
BTW Happy new year to all

Looks like you've got the design down. Would recommend using solid wood
for the real thing; plywood has a tendency to pick up dings that cause it
to delaminate leaving potential for splinters. I suspect you probably plan
to do that and that this was just a proof of design model with scrap on
hand.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:

[...]

Yep. That's it. And you would have to figure on the toy getting left
outside a few times in its life. And he lives in Melbourne, one of the
places in Oz which does get rain. Water and ply don't go well together,
not this sort of ply anyway!

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:
SWMBO went to visit her sister so I took the couple of hours and had
some fun in the workshop.
This was done from scratch out of my head, no plans or anything, just a
proof of concept really. I wanted to see if there were any problems I
couldn't handle in making a train set so that when it came to doing the
real thing I'd be ready.
The kid is way too young for this yet, but they grow quickly and I work
slowly.
I'll put some poly on it and see what the daughter thinks.

Mekon
BTW Happy new year to all

Are there supposed to be pictures attached cause I am not seeing them
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Are there supposed to be pictures attached cause I am not seeing them

They were posted and did appear. Try a different new reader.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Upscale" wrote in news:54cf0$495d1f8e$cef88bc5
:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Are there supposed to be pictures attached cause I am not seeing them

They were posted and did appear. Try a different new reader.

The pictures are still on astraweb, AFAICT.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"F Murtz" wrote in message
Are there supposed to be pictures attached cause I am not seeing them

They were posted and did appear. Try a different new reader.

The pictures are still on astraweb, AFAICT.

Also on Easynews, I believe Upscale meant news server, not news reader, some
of the servers out there have an incredibly short retention in the binary
groups. F Murtz is using an acceptable news reader, assuming it is setup
and being used correctly.

--
Froz...

2 feet longer than a d00tchie.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Also on Easynews, I believe Upscale meant news server, not news reader,

some

No, I did mean news reader. If he can't see images with another reader then
chances are you're right and he needs to use another news server. If he can
see them with another news reader, then the one he was using was either not
configured properly or it just isn't capable. It's a process of elimination.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

F Murtz said:
Are there supposed to be pictures attached cause I am not seeing them

I'll re send, just in case.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Upscale wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Also on Easynews, I believe Upscale meant news server, not news reader,

some

No, I did mean news reader. If he can't see images with another reader
then chances are you're right and he needs to use another news server. If
he can see them with another news reader, then the one he was using was
either not configured properly or it just isn't capable. It's a process of
elimination.

He is using SeaMonkey on XP, I am not sure how that can be misconfgured to
not show inages, worst case they show as icons and an external jpeg viewer
will load and show it.
--
Froz...

2 feet longer than a d00tchie.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

FrozenNorth wrote:
Upscale wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Also on Easynews, I believe Upscale meant news server, not news reader,

some

No, I did mean news reader. If he can't see images with another reader
then chances are you're right and he needs to use another news server. If
he can see them with another news reader, then the one he was using was
either not configured properly or it just isn't capable. It's a process of
elimination.

He is using SeaMonkey on XP, I am not sure how that can be misconfgured to
not show inages, worst case they show as icons and an external jpeg viewer
will load and show it.

Sea Monkey loads them with no problem. I use Astra Web and have no problems

Chris
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
He is using SeaMonkey on XP, I am not sure how that can be misconfgured to
not show inages, worst case they show as icons and an external jpeg viewer
will load and show it.

I'm not familiar with SeaMonkey, but I do know that some news readers such
as Outlook can be configured not to show images that show up as attachments.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Chris wrote:
FrozenNorth wrote:
Upscale wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Also on Easynews, I believe Upscale meant news server, not news reader,
some

No, I did mean news reader. If he can't see images with another reader
then chances are you're right and he needs to use another news
server. If
he can see them with another news reader, then the one he was using was
either not configured properly or it just isn't capable. It's a
process of
elimination.

He is using SeaMonkey on XP, I am not sure how that can be
misconfgured to
not show inages, worst case they show as icons and an external jpeg
viewer
will load and show it.

Sea Monkey loads them with no problem. I use Astra Web and have no problems

Chris

Must be lost in the ocean

TRAIN J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 10:07 AM
3/4 oak fret train G[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 7 October 30th 07 07:36 PM
TOY TRAIN J T Woodworking 0 January 16th 06 05:48 PM
OT - Train Ride Cliff Metalworking 7 August 26th 05 11:37 PM