Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default "Roadrunner" tapestry rack

I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries. It is patterned after the
roadrunner bird. The base, necks, bills and rails are Cherry Beech (Steamed
Southland SilverBeech) and the crests comprise (reading front-to-back)
Cocobolo, Zelkova, Bubinga, Bloodwood and Chatke-Viga.

This piece is entered in our school's exhibition. To see more of the
exhibition, look at
http://www.centre-for-fine-woodworki...xhibition.html

Cheers,

Larry

Attached Thumbnails
"Roadrunner" tapestry rack-roadrunner1-jpg  "Roadrunner" tapestry rack-roadrunner3-jpg  "Roadrunner" tapestry rack-roadrunner4-jpg  "Roadrunner" tapestry rack-roadrunner7-jpg  "Roadrunner" tapestry rack-roadrunner8-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

posted & mailed

Larry Spitz wrote:

I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries. It is patterned after the
roadrunner bird. The base, necks, bills and rails are Cherry Beech
(Steamed Southland SilverBeech) and the crests comprise (reading
front-to-back) Cocobolo, Zelkova, Bubinga, Bloodwood and Chatke-Viga.

This piece is entered in our school's exhibition. To see more of the
exhibition, look at
http://www.centre-for-fine-woodworki...xhibition.html

Cheers,

Larry

Very interesting and unusual design. Here, that would be a quilt rack.
Is making tapestries a big thing in NZ?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries.

VERRRRRRYYY cool.

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Very interesting and unusual design. Here, that would be a quilt rack.
Is making tapestries a big thing in NZ?

Well, my wife is a tapestry weaver, not a quilter, so around this household
tapestries are a big thing. ;-)

Since tapestries are much thinner than quilts, especially folded quilts, the
rails can be closer together, but there is no fundamental reason it could
not also be called a quilt rack.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries. It is patterned after the
roadrunner bird. The base, necks, bills and rails are Cherry Beech
(Steamed
Southland SilverBeech) and the crests comprise (reading front-to-back)
Cocobolo, Zelkova, Bubinga, Bloodwood and Chatke-Viga.

This piece is entered in our school's exhibition. To see more of the
exhibition, look at
http://www.centre-for-fine-woodworki...xhibition.html

Very nice. I will definitely be NOT showing this to my wife, who is a
quilter.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries. It is patterned after the
roadrunner bird. The base, necks, bills and rails are Cherry Beech
(Steamed
Southland SilverBeech) and the crests comprise (reading front-to-back)
Cocobolo, Zelkova, Bubinga, Bloodwood and Chatke-Viga.

This piece is entered in our school's exhibition. To see more of the
exhibition, look at
http://www.centre-for-fine-woodworki...xhibition.html

Cheers,

Larry

Sharp design. With a few minor modifications it would make a cool keyboard
stand for the musically inclined.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry Spitz wrote:
I built this rack to display SWMBO's tapestries. It is patterned after the
roadrunner bird. The base, necks, bills and rails are Cherry Beech (Steamed
Southland SilverBeech) and the crests comprise (reading front-to-back)
Cocobolo, Zelkova, Bubinga, Bloodwood and Chatke-Viga.

This piece is entered in our school's exhibition. To see more of the
exhibition, look at
http://www.centre-for-fine-woodworki...xhibition.html

Cheers,

Larry

Keep in mind that plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. Your
work is exquisite.
mahalo,
jo4hn