Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Recently completed Projects 3

Here is a shaker style 5-drawer cabinet/table for our entry.. Made out of
cherry with walnut drawer pulls..

Attached Thumbnails
Recently completed Projects 3-shaker-style-cabinet1-jpg  Recently completed Projects 3-shaker-style-cabinet2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice on all three projects, but unless you are swimming in quilted
maple, why on earth would you put that gorgeous maple on the draw slides
where it can't be seen. That type of would should be seen.

Nice job other wise. They look good.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank you for the compliment and expressing your opinion.. Let me assure
you, though, if that were "quilted" maple it wouldn't be drawer sides and it
wouldn't have cost $4/b.f.!! Its a soft (curly-grained, red leaf) maple,
not the kind you find in gun stocks, and carcases of fine furniture.. Total
cost was less than $9.. Two b.f. resawn and planed into 3/8" thick drawer
sides. I really have no regrets about using it for this purpose and don't
believe in making furniture that only looks good on the outside.. Probably
a result of reading too many of Krenov's books..

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Very nice on all three projects, but unless you are swimming in quilted
maple, why on earth would you put that gorgeous maple on the draw slides
where it can't be seen. That type of would should be seen.

Nice job other wise. They look good.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jim Hall wrote:

Here is a shaker style 5-drawer cabinet/table for our entry.. Made out of
cherry with walnut drawer pulls..

Just noticed the bottoms of the drawers look like cedar. That's a cool
idea.