DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A simple porch repair - porch2a.jpg (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/265375-re-simple-porch-repair-porch2a-jpg-0-1-a.html)

Mark & Juanita November 22nd 08 04:54 PM

A simple porch repair - porch2a.jpg (0/1)

Tim Carver wrote:

So, back at the end of summer my wife asked me to fix a couple of
rotted boards on our porch. The attached pictures show what I ended
up with, which is a completely new porch.

.... snip of cascading scope change

Somewhere in here I dropped the idea of reusing the old boards and
bought new new (I now have a huge pile of cedar for birdhouses :-).

So, weeks later, the "repair" is done and we have a completely new
porch. Unfortunately, I had to finish building it in the rain, so it
probably won't get sealed until next summer.

Just proving the old adage, "there's no such thing as a simple job".

Looks good