DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Square-stick Tetrahedra - separate pics - File 2 of 3 - IMG_2921.JPG (1/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/264716-square-stick-tetrahedra-separate-pics-file-2-3-img_2921-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Elrond Hubbard November 13th 08 08:19 PM

Square-stick Tetrahedra - separate pics - File 2 of 3 - IMG_2921.JPG (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

Axel Grease November 14th 08 06:16 PM

Square-stick Tetrahedra - separate pics - File 2 of 3 - IMG_2921.JPG (1/1)

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message

Very nice.
How did you go about figuring the angles? Did you calculate them or just
make a large drawing and measure them with a protractor?

Axel

Elrond Hubbard November 14th 08 08:22 PM

Square-stick Tetrahedra - separate pics - File 2 of 3 - IMG_2921.JPG (1/1)

"Axel Grease" wrote in
eonecommunications:

Very nice.
How did you go about figuring the angles? Did you calculate them or just
make a large drawing and measure them with a protractor?

I had to calculate the angles in order to cut them from square stock.

Axel Grease November 15th 08 09:38 PM

Square-stick Tetrahedra - separate pics - File 2 of 3 - IMG_2921.JPG (1/1)

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message
"Axel Grease" wrote in
eonecommunications:

Very nice.
How did you go about figuring the angles? Did you calculate them or

just
make a large drawing and measure them with a protractor?

I had to calculate the angles in order to cut them from square stock.

I'm wondering how you went about that. Basic geometry with triangles seems
like it would do the job, using the longest and shortest edges' dimensions
( Pythagorus: c squared = a squared + b squared). But with several decades
since I took Geometry and I don't have a CAD program, I'm at a loss to use
anything other than a detailed paper drawing and measuring tools.

Axel