Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default newsgroup vs comcast

Although I have contributed very little, I have always enjoyed viewing the
work of others. As of the 25th of this month I will not be able to view or
contribute due to Comcast deleting this feature from their system.
It has been a real pleasure and I wish the it would continue.
Many of you have posted some very beatiful and great achivements that you
have done in your home workshops and I want to thank you for sharing them
with all of us that have subscribed to this newsgroup.
The best to all of you and keep up the good work.
Rodger

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Rodger" wrote in
:

Although I have contributed very little, I have always enjoyed
viewing the work of others. As of the 25th of this month I will not be
able to view or contribute due to Comcast deleting this feature from
their system. It has been a real pleasure and I wish the it would
continue. Many of you have posted some very beatiful and great
achivements that you have done in your home workshops and I want to
thank you for sharing them with all of us that have subscribed to this
newsgroup. The best to all of you and keep up the good work.
Rodger

When verizon cut newsgroups to the current minimum and I was deprived of
abpw, I subscribed to news.astraweb.com. In June I paid $10 for 25GB of
downloads. I just checked and I still have 24.89 GB left to use for the
rest of my (or their) life. I must admit that abpw is just about the only
newsgroup that I am using on astraweb, other than a few textgroups. So it
serves my purposes extremely well!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Han" wrote

When verizon cut newsgroups to the current minimum and I was deprived of
abpw, I subscribed to news.astraweb.com. In June I paid $10 for 25GB of
downloads. I just checked and I still have 24.89 GB left to use for the
rest of my (or their) life. I must admit that abpw is just about the only
newsgroup that I am using on astraweb, other than a few textgroups. So it
serves my purposes extremely well!!

I did the same.

I am happy with astraweb. I like the idea of just paying once in a great
while.

It was necessary while living with the necessary evil, comcast.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:00:02 -0700, "Rodger"
wrote:

Although I have contributed very little, I have always enjoyed viewing the
work of others. As of the 25th of this month I will not be able to view or
contribute due to Comcast deleting this feature from their system.
It has been a real pleasure and I wish the it would continue.
Many of you have posted some very beatiful and great achivements that you
have done in your home workshops and I want to thank you for sharing them
with all of us that have subscribed to this newsgroup.
The best to all of you and keep up the good work.
Rodger

Rodger,
Here is a website that will show you the photos posted in this
newsgroup without need to subscribe to any newsgroup service.

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

are you kidding. I've been using them for almost ten years, and their just
as good as they were in the beginning...

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:081020081641026537%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Oscar
Garcia wrote:

www.supernews.com

Is who i use...

Now owned by Giganews, and a shadow of its former self, certainly in
terms of fighting spam.

--
I kill all messages, and replies to messages, from Google Groups. See
http://improve-usenet.org for details.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rodger wrote:
Although I have contributed very little, I have always enjoyed viewing the
work of others. As of the 25th of this month I will not be able to view or
contribute due to Comcast deleting this feature from their system.
It has been a real pleasure and I wish the it would continue.
Many of you have posted some very beatiful and great achivements that you
have done in your home workshops and I want to thank you for sharing them
with all of us that have subscribed to this newsgroup.
The best to all of you and keep up the good work.

When the great exodus was launched by all the other ISP's, I looked
around and found usenetmonster.com. I get all the binary feeds I want
for $2.95 a month.

Other than being a satisfied (so far) customer of maybe three months
standing I have no connection with them.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:40:43 -0500, Dddudley wrote:

Rodger wrote:
Although I have contributed very little, I have always enjoyed viewing the
work of others. As of the 25th of this month I will not be able to view or
contribute due to Comcast deleting this feature from their system.
It has been a real pleasure and I wish the it would continue.
Many of you have posted some very beatiful and great achivements that you
have done in your home workshops and I want to thank you for sharing them
with all of us that have subscribed to this newsgroup.
The best to all of you and keep up the good work.

When the great exodus was launched by all the other ISP's, I looked
around and found usenetmonster.com. I get all the binary feeds I want
for $2.95 a month.

Other than being a satisfied (so far) customer of maybe three months
standing I have no connection with them.

I used usenetmonster.com, until I found APN... Same $3 a month..
Kept both for a few months and IMO, APN was more reliable and dependable so I
dropped usenetmonster.com YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Comcast is dropping newsgroups mapdude Woodworking 74 October 12th 08 06:32 AM
Comcast Dumping Newsgroups Erik[_4_] Metalworking 25 September 26th 08 06:07 PM
Comcast Oscar Garcia[_2_] Woodworking 22 January 25th 08 06:41 PM
Comcast Oscar Garcia[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 37 January 25th 08 06:41 PM
Should I believe the Comcast repairman? tenplay Home Repair 27 January 13th 06 01:35 PM