Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Anniversary Carving

This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Very nice.

I am sure that the carving and the sentiment it portrays was very
appreciated.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis presented the following explanation :
Beautiful job, and nice touch with meanings......
Great 50th present......
jloomis
"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Thanks all. I know my carvings aren't what's "normally" dropped in here
but the encouragement is all I need.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The Damicos wrote:

jloomis presented the following explanation :
Beautiful job, and nice touch with meanings......
Great 50th present......
jloomis
"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Thanks all. I know my carvings aren't what's "normally" dropped in here
but the encouragement is all I need.

That is a really neat carving.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The Damicos wrote:
This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Very nice creation, they should "LOVE" it

Tim
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote on 10/5/2008 :
In article , The Damicos
wrote:

jloomis presented the following explanation :
Beautiful job, and nice touch with meanings......
Great 50th present......
jloomis
"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a carving I made for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding
anniversary. The wood is black walnut, the inlay is copper, the finish
is 2 coats of poly and 2 coats of paste wax.

Thanks all. I know my carvings aren't what's "normally" dropped in here
but the encouragement is all I need.

How did you do the inlays?

The inlays are done with 22 gauge copper wire. I cut out the design,
hammer in the wire and cover it with poly. When it's dry I sand the
copper down to the same level as the wood. Then after polishing with
0000 steel wool it's ready for finishing.

ANNIVERSARY BOOKCASE J T Woodworking 0 March 11th 06 01:01 AM
My parents' 60 anniversary. Robatoy Woodworking 7 October 25th 05 03:15 PM
100th Anniversary Asimov Electronics Repair 3 November 24th 04 12:04 PM
PM ANNIVERSARY DESK J T Woodworking 1 October 16th 04 03:20 PM
FS anniversary planes Steve Knight Woodworking 5 June 22nd 04 01:06 PM