Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pocket Humidor

I got the inspiration from an old Woodcraft mag. The top is a piece of
trashed picked maple and the sides are cherry. It holds three cigars.

The next one will be a bit smaller this one would be hard to stuff in my
pocket.

Attached Thumbnails
Pocket Humidor-img_3352-jpg  Pocket Humidor-img_3351-jpg  Pocket Humidor-img_3354-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Uninvestor" wrote in message
I got the inspiration from an old Woodcraft mag. The top is a piece of
trashed picked maple and the sides are cherry. It holds three cigars.

The next one will be a bit smaller this one would be hard to stuff in my
pocket.

Now that is something I have never seen before.

Is this a common item??

Or a total original?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

It's not very common... but pretty cool looking! The Woodcraft magazine
article I used, made it a little thinner and their version holds 4 cigars.
I made a full sized humidor in the past but this one was more interesting.

This is the first for me. I want to make my next one with a more dramatic
grained top. I could not find anything like it for sale on the web. Makes
for a cool gift. (if your into cigars)

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Uninvestor" wrote in message
I got the inspiration from an old Woodcraft mag. The top is a piece of
trashed picked maple and the sides are cherry. It holds three cigars.

The next one will be a bit smaller this one would be hard to stuff in my
pocket.

Now that is something I have never seen before.

Is this a common item??

Or a total original?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Here is the link to the project I used as my model.

http://www.woodcraft.com/articles.aspx?articleid=602

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Uninvestor" wrote
Here is the link to the project I used as my model.

http://www.woodcraft.com/articles.aspx?articleid=602

Like it. Nifty idea ... but you gotta wonder what would happen if you tried
to get on an airplane?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That's a very realistic cigar - did you turn it yourself?

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I bet it floats?
My brother-in-law makes items in this category...
Sandy Pond Hardwoods. P.A.
Wooden brief cases.....
Wooden urns for ashes..........crematorium....
Cigar Boxes.......
and many more....
Nice work.......
Too bad...... I don't smoke
jloomis
"Uninvestor" wrote in message
I got the inspiration from an old Woodcraft mag. The top is a piece of
trashed picked maple and the sides are cherry. It holds three cigars.

The next one will be a bit smaller this one would be hard to stuff in my
pocket.

Humidor Dr. Deb Woodworking Plans and Photos 6 June 5th 08 07:34 PM
Humidor Dr. Deb Woodworking 0 June 5th 08 02:24 AM
Humidor Dr. Deb Woodworking 9 May 10th 08 06:16 PM
Pockets - Not all polos have pockets. Men's corporate polo shirtsusually come in a pocket version as well as a non-pocket version. Whicheveryou choose, you will find that there are tops out there that will provide youwith the options you need and fin [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 25th 08 02:49 PM
Another humidor question for you humidor makers Paul O. Woodworking 4 June 24th 04 04:37 PM