Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Baby Change Table

This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can
convert to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts
with the join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can
convert to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts
with the join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

Tasmanian Silky Oak, eh?? We don't get much of that around here. How much
does this stuff cost?

Looks nice. Making it a multipurpose table is a good idea.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:
This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can
convert to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts
with the join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

It looks good from here!

The conversion caught me by surprise - but I probably should have
expected that you'd have it reappear in Act II. :-)

Good thinking.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can
convert to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts
with the join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

Tasmanian Silky Oak, eh?? We don't get much of that around here. How much
does this stuff cost?

Looks nice. Making it a multipurpose table is a good idea.

I think the timber for that was well under $100, probably not much more
than $60.

It is a hardwood, nice tight grain and I think it will stand being
outside as long as she keeps the wax up to it!

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:
This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can convert
to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts with the
join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter has no use for
it as a change table she can easily cut off the top section ( it just has a
dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a serving trolley for the
barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

It looks good from here!

The conversion caught me by surprise - but I probably should have expected
that you'd have it reappear in Act II. :-)

Good thinking.

Thanks
It shouldn't be too hard to convert back again either, should the need
arise.

Now I am working on the cradle, it will be made of silver ash.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:43:01 GMT, Mekon wrote:

This is a change table for my first grandchild.

As these things have a limited useful life I made it so that it can
convert to another use. You might notice that the legs are in two parts
with the join about 6" from the top. This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.
The wood is Tasmanian Silky Oak, the castors are lockable.
The finish is oil and wax.

Mekon

Looks like a very high-end microwave cart, Mate..
Very nice!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , Mekon
wrote:

This is so that when my daughter
has no use for it as a change table she can easily cut off the top
section ( it just has a dowel and glue joint) and it converts into a
serving trolley for the barbecue.

Let's hope she has a good sense of time... Not something you'd want to
do early.

Throwing the baby out with the barbecue?

Mekon

--
Mekon