Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Door-Before and After

This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised old
fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.
jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Door-Before and After-rose-door-old-medium-jpg  Door-Before and After-rose-door-old-1-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised
old fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.
jloomis

Looks nice. Was the porthole for a nautical theme?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yes, and to let lite in. This is an older, Ocean side home, that is filled
with antiques, and brass, and clocks, and the owner wanted something like
that.
He is dazzled by that type of architecture.
They have marble, and tile, and, and.......
To me it is too much but I build what is wanted.
jloomis
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"jloomis" wrote in message
This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised
old fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.
jloomis

Looks nice. Was the porthole for a nautical theme?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised

old
fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.

Can't you get that clocked fixed?? Jeeeeeezzzzz!!

Just kidding ... great job. Really like the porthole.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised
old fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.
jloomis

Nice job and you did it in exactly 24 hours to the second!

Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I am fast........
Now I have to wait to get paid........
That may take some time!
jloomis
"Rich" madeyoulook@localhost wrote in message
ng.com...

"jloomis" wrote in message
This was a strange job.
Fellow wanted a large door in a small opening....
No way.
so, I re-did, made a new door with a brass porthole and installed it.
the new door is #1 fir with brass hinges and brass porthole and mortised
old fashion style door latch......
Not an easy job.
jloomis

Nice job and you did it in exactly 24 hours to the second!

Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
jloomis spewed forth:
I am fast........
Now I have to wait to get paid........
That may take some time!
jloomis

Wait?
Ole black guy I worked for in my younger years use to tell me COD or FOB
Cash on Delivery or Fetchit On Backg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in message
ng.com...
In ,
jloomis spewed forth:
I am fast........
Now I have to wait to get paid........
That may take some time!
jloomis

Wait?
Ole black guy I worked for in my younger years use to tell me COD or FOB
Cash on Delivery or Fetchit On Backg

Why didn't you make the door out of pine like the tongue and groove
planking, then you could have stained the door to match the room.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

It was cedar........
I used what I had.
the house is chop suey.
It goes from late modern, to early modern, to antique, to 70's chainsaw
art...
you name it.
you could match about 20 items by standing in one spot.
jloomis
"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..