Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Completed Rockwell Belt/Disk sander restore w/pics

Hello everyone,

Tonight I finished the restoration of my 1970 Rockwell Belt/Disk Sander.

Here is what I started with,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander2.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander3.jpg

I tore down the sander to every last nut and bolt, cleaned it up and
repainted it. I replaced the sheet metal belt platten with a cast iron one,
swapped the 3450 RPM 3phase motor for a 1750 RPM 1ph motor w/larger pulley,
added a new side/top belt guard and changed the starter. The top belt roller
had been hammered on, so I also had to replace that as well. Add to that,
four new main bearings and the knob to tension the belt. I also managed to
find a cast iron disk dust collection attachment for the disk.

Here is it almost all torn apart,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...lotsoparts.jpg

Here is the sander all back together and after a very short test,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone2.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone3.jpg

Here is a shot of the new motor and starter inside the base,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdoneelect.jpg

With the new starter, I was able to reuse the old remote on/off switch.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

David F. Eisan wrote:

I'd say you did well. Good job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:41:30 -0400, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

With the new starter, I was able to reuse the old remote on/off switch.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Very nice, Dave.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker