DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   biscuit and butt joint drill press cabinet (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/252143-biscuit-butt-joint-drill-press-cabinet.html)

Chris Friesen June 3rd 08 06:29 AM

biscuit and butt joint drill press cabinet

As requested in the wreck...here's a picture of a drill press cabinet I
made. The carcase and drawers are constructed of 3/4" MDF using butt
joints and biscuits. The MDF is cheap, and the additional weight over
plywood helps counterbalance the top-heavy tool.

There is a solid wood brace behind the false drawer front at the top,
and the cantilevered back legs are supported by solid wood braces at the
back and a solid wood strip across the bottom.

The back legs are cantilevered so that if I ever need to drill something
really long I can reverse the head and get a couple more feet of height.

The drawers are hung on 100lb slides.

The cabinet works well, except that since my floor is cracked and not
perfectly level I need to be careful how I place the drill press so that
it doesn't rock.

Chris

Chris Friesen June 3rd 08 06:30 AM

biscuit and butt joint drill press cabinet -- let's try again,with the picture....

1 Attachment(s)

B a r r y June 3rd 08 11:23 AM

biscuit and butt joint drill press cabinet -- let's try again, with the picture....

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:30:39 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

\0

Looks good!

MDF's weight is a good feature in a tool base.