DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/249451-huntboard-table-finally-finished-0-1-a.html)

Otoe[_2_] May 9th 08 06:49 PM

Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1)

Finally completed my most difficult project to date. Learned a lot
about dovetail jigs and finishing with shellac.

The table is made from white oak. The hardware came from
Rockler.

It will finally rest in my son's entry.

Time for a breather, clean up the shop (half of a garage) and
prepare for the next project: hallway table to custom fit
in an alcove.

Thank you all for your feedback about shellac finishing and
preceeding woodworking questions.

Otoe

Lee Michaels[_2_] May 9th 08 06:52 PM

"Otoe" wrote in message
Finally completed my most difficult project to date. Learned a lot
about dovetail jigs and finishing with shellac.

The table is made from white oak. The hardware came from
Rockler.

It will finally rest in my son's entry.

Time for a breather, clean up the shop (half of a garage) and
prepare for the next project: hallway table to custom fit
in an alcove.

Thank you all for your feedback about shellac finishing and
preceeding woodworking questions.

OK, I will try once again.

I am straining hard, trying to see the table. I just can't seem to see it
very well.

Perhaps if you posted a picture or two. That would make it easier. :-)

Lee Michaels[_2_] May 9th 08 06:56 PM

Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1)

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Otoe" wrote in message
Finally completed my most difficult project to date. Learned a lot
about dovetail jigs and finishing with shellac.

The table is made from white oak. The hardware came from
Rockler.

It will finally rest in my son's entry.

Time for a breather, clean up the shop (half of a garage) and
prepare for the next project: hallway table to custom fit
in an alcove.

Thank you all for your feedback about shellac finishing and
preceeding woodworking questions.

OK, I will try once again.

I am straining hard, trying to see the table. I just can't seem to see it
very well.

Perhaps if you posted a picture or two. That would make it easier. :-)

There ya go. I spoke too soon.

Nice lookin' work there. Very elegant.

Was it hard to work with two legs in back and four in front?

Leon May 9th 08 07:18 PM

Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1)

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..
There ya go. I spoke too soon.

Nice lookin' work there. Very elegant.

Was it hard to work with two legs in back and four in front?

Yeah I'm still not seeing it. ;~(

Otoe[_2_] May 9th 08 08:12 PM

Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1)

On Fri, 9 May 2008 13:56:19 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

There ya go. I spoke too soon.

Nice lookin' work there. Very elegant.

Was it hard to work with two legs in back and four in front?

Next time I'll try embedding the pictures with text.

Yes, I was wondering how that would turn out with the
additional two legs in front. I just put things together and
it was magic. Everything lined up and didn't have to shave
a leg for a solid standing.

Otoe

Edwin Pawlowski May 10th 08 03:33 AM

"Otoe" wrote in message
Finally completed my most difficult project to date. Learned a lot
about dovetail jigs and finishing with shellac.

The table is made from white oak. The hardware came from
Rockler.

It will finally rest in my son's entry.

I don't usually say this to guys, but "nice legs"

Otoe[_2_] May 10th 08 03:39 AM

Huntboard Table Finally Finished (0/1)

On Fri, 9 May 2008 22:33:29 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Otoe" wrote in message
.. .
Finally completed my most difficult project to date. Learned a lot
about dovetail jigs and finishing with shellac.

The table is made from white oak. The hardware came from
Rockler.

It will finally rest in my son's entry.

I don't usually say this to guys, but "nice legs"

Why, thank you Ed.