DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Here is some wood I like. - attached files (3/3) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/239229-re-here-some-wood-i-like-attached-files-3-3-a.html)

Dave in Houston[_3_] March 21st 08 02:38 PM

Here is some wood I like. - attached files (3/3)

"asmurff" wrote in message
Is it true that RR keeps a warehouse with the extra wood from each car
just incase they are ever involved in an accident, that way the wood would
match?

Not being able to see your image . . . I have to guess this refers to
passenger cars, not freight cars.

Having spent a fair number of years with the Southern Pacific, a couple of
those with the Purchasing Department at the railcar plant, I can tell you
that the only thing we kept there were bundles of 12 foot 3/4 CDX plywood
and apitong decking. And down at the other end of the yard was the creosote
plant (for rail ties), no shortage of wood down there.

Dave in Houston

Greg O March 21st 08 10:33 PM

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
Is it true that RR keeps a warehouse with the extra wood from each car
just incase they are ever involved in an accident, that way the wood
would match?

Not being able to see your image . . . I have to guess this refers to
passenger cars, not freight cars.

Having spent a fair number of years with the Southern Pacific, a couple of
those with the Purchasing Department at the railcar plant, I can tell you
that the only thing we kept there were bundles of 12 foot 3/4 CDX plywood
and apitong decking. And down at the other end of the yard was the
creosote plant (for rail ties), no shortage of wood down there.

Dave in Houston

I think RR refers to Rolls Royce, not Rail road!
Greg

Dave in Houston[_3_] March 22nd 08 02:14 AM

"Greg O" wrote in message

I think RR refers to Rolls Royce, not Rail road!

That makes two blown calls today.
Nevermind!

Dave in Houston

Jim Hall[_3_] March 22nd 08 02:53 AM

Should be able to see this one Dave..

1 Attachment(s)
Very nice wheels indeed.. Thanks for posting Robatoy..

Dave in Houston[_3_] March 22nd 08 03:48 AM

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
Very nice wheels indeed.. Thanks for posting Robatoy..

DOH! I did see it when Robatoy posted it but did not connect asmurf's
subsequent post with the picture of the Rolls.

Dave in Houston

Mark & Juanita March 22nd 08 03:52 AM

Jim Hall wrote:

Very nice wheels indeed.. Thanks for posting Robatoy..

Very nice; does it have the new environmentally friendly freon for the air
conditioner? ;-)