DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Workbench (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/235399-workbench.html)

Jack Stein February 27th 08 06:27 PM

Workbench

1 Attachment(s)
This is the very first woodworking "project" I had when I bought all my
tools. Taught me a lot about the table saw and jointer. Finger lap
joints were pretty easy and came out great. The whole thing is made
from construction grade 2x4's and mostly 2x12 pine sheathing. They used
to use sheathing for roofs, today they use wafer board. The top is
2x4's ripped in half and glued back together with long threaded rod
going all the way through the top. Wow, I learned a lot from that.
Mainly, no need for the bolts, and 2x6's would have worked a lot easier.
Learned how to make drawers too, these drawers fit terrible, but still
work after 30 years.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com