DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shop Cats (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/235266-shop-cats.html)

Victor De Long February 26th 08 05:05 PM

Shop Cats

I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How do
your animals do in your shops?

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman February 26th 08 11:32 PM

Shop Cats

Well, I use to have a Basset hound, Flash, and she was no problem with the table
tools. On the other hand, my father use to have this beautiful cat that had
lost his tail in the shop one day. According to my father, he turned on one of
the power tools on and it scared the daylights out of the cat, he jumped on the
band saw table and the rest is history. He did look kinda funny with out a tail
after that.

Ray
===

jo4hn February 27th 08 02:00 AM

Shop Cats

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
Well, I use to have a Basset hound, Flash, and she was no problem with the table
tools. On the other hand, my father use to have this beautiful cat that had
lost his tail in the shop one day. According to my father, he turned on one of
the power tools on and it scared the daylights out of the cat, he jumped on the
band saw table and the rest is history. He did look kinda funny with out a tail
after that.

Ray
===

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.
j4

Clifford Heath February 27th 08 03:41 AM

Shop Cats

jo4hn wrote:
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
e did look kinda funny without a tail after that.

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.

Any retailer would do, no need to choose the largest.

jo4hn February 27th 08 04:41 AM

Shop Cats

Clifford Heath wrote:
jo4hn wrote:
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
e did look kinda funny without a tail after that.

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.

Any retailer would do, no need to choose the largest.

score one for Clifford!

Kate[_2_] February 27th 08 03:06 PM

Shop Cats

Mine hide when it gets noisy.....
Do you not spay and neuter?????

Kate

mac davis[_3_] February 27th 08 04:46 PM

Shop Cats (0/1)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:05:04 -0800, "Victor De Long"
wrote:

I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How do
your animals do in your shops?

Mine (5 cats and a dog) until the DC goes on... then all but the 2 male cats are
in another part of the house.. I think maybe they teleport there..lol

The oldest, 14 pounds of shop kitty, can sleep under the lathe with the DC on
and shavings covering him...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac davis[_3_] February 27th 08 04:46 PM

Shop Cats (1/1)

2 Attachment(s)

mac davis[_3_] February 27th 08 04:47 PM

Shop Cats

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:06:42 -0600, "Kate"
wrote:

Mine hide when it gets noisy.....
Do you not spay and neuter?????

Kate

Only the pets...

.. .

Victor De Long February 27th 08 07:21 PM

Shop Cats

The inside ones, definitely. The outside ones aren't really ours. They
just know where there is food. When we can catch them and provide homes for
them, we always have them fixed and vaccinated first. We've probably done
that with a dozen or so in the past year or so (getting harder to find them
homes!)

Victor De Long February 27th 08 07:22 PM

Shop Cats (1/1)

That's a great pic!