DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Compound Angle Box Joint Jig (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/229452-compound-angle-box-joint-jig.html)

John Grossbohlin January 11th 08 02:46 AM

Compound Angle Box Joint Jig

1 Attachment(s)
Angle C is 90 degrees. Angle B is such that it allows the side of the box to
stand perpendicular to the table top. Angle A is such that the both sides of
the fingers sit neatly against the slot on both sides of the cut. You'll
have to do the math to come up with the angles that work for your project.
BTW, the saw blade would be left at 90 degrees (or zero) and the blade would
have to be raised high enough above the table to cut the slots.

John Grossbohlin January 11th 08 03:54 AM

Compound Angle Box Joint Jig appendum

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
| Angle C is 90 degrees. Angle B is such that it allows the side of the box
| stand perpendicular to the table top. Angle A is such that the both sides
of
| the fingers sit neatly against the slot on both sides of the cut. You'll
| have to do the math to come up with the angles that work for your project.
| BTW, the saw blade would be left at 90 degrees (or zero) and the blade
would
| have to be raised high enough above the table to cut the slots.

I should have added that the fence should be tall enough to support the
board and obviously (or maybe not) has to be long enough to support the
board completely on both sides of the index pin. I was so caught up in
showing the relationship of the fence, the angled support block and the
index pin that I neglected to scale the height and length of the fence
appropriately. ;~)

John