DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maple Drawers (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/216748-maple-drawers.html)

Earl Creel October 7th 07 02:30 AM

Maple Drawers

2 Attachment(s)
Attached two pictures show 17 maple drawer boxes I made for a contractor
friend. The material is about 9/16 thick strips of glued up sap wood. (No
dark heart wood) The removable bottoms are 1/4 plywood (actually
underlayment) bonded to laminate. These will go into a remodeled kitchen.
The cabinets will be unstained cherry and everything will get a sprayed
clear lacquer finish. Note the dovetail joints. These were cut using a
Porter Cable Omnijig. It takes a bit of trickery to get those stretched
pins at the top and bottom of all joints.
Earl Creel

Swingman October 7th 07 03:31 AM

Maple Drawers

"Earl Creel" wrote
Attached two pictures show 17 maple drawer boxes I made for a contractor
friend. The material is about 9/16 thick strips of glued up sap wood.
(No dark heart wood) The removable bottoms are 1/4 plywood (actually
underlayment) bonded to laminate. These will go into a remodeled kitchen.
The cabinets will be unstained cherry and everything will get a sprayed
clear lacquer finish. Note the dovetail joints. These were cut using a
Porter Cable Omnijig. It takes a bit of trickery to get those stretched
pins at the top and bottom of all joints.

Mighty fine work, Earl. We have to take hard maple as it comes around here,
and at a much steeper price than you pay. Your builders/remodelers are
getting a good deal without doubt.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07