Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Mobile Base for Jet Lathe

I need to move my lathe around in my shop. Not exactly a mobile "base" but
one on each end works like a charm to move 500 lbs. Cam handle folds to
avoid trip hazard.

Attached Thumbnails
Mobile Base for Jet Lathe-2006-01-07-shop-tools-086-jpg  Mobile Base for Jet Lathe-2006-01-07-shop-tools-080-jpg  Mobile Base for Jet Lathe-2006-01-07-shop-tools-085-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dick Mahany" wrote in message
I need to move my lathe around in my shop. Not exactly a mobile "base" but
one on each end works like a charm to move 500 lbs. Cam handle folds to
avoid trip hazard.

Very nice. I have seen this thing done before, but yours just looks better
for some reason. That wood looks too good to be on there.

I really like the folding handle. I have used these with a pipe that you had
to keep around to operate the lever mechanism. Your method does not require
extra parts laying around and getting lost.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dick Mahany wrote:
I need to move my lathe around in my shop. Not exactly a mobile "base" but
one on each end works like a charm to move 500 lbs. Cam handle folds to
avoid trip hazard.

Hay thanks allot Dick... I was thinking of something similar in my
head the other day. Your a life saver!!

Lee Tollett

Mobile base Lee Tollett Woodturning 19 October 14th 07 05:48 PM
Lathe mobile base Lee Tollett Woodworking 12 October 6th 07 05:45 PM
Mobile Base asmurff Woodworking Plans and Photos 15 September 20th 07 04:24 PM
mobile base RayV Woodworking 0 May 11th 07 02:05 PM
advisability of using a mobile base with a lathe ... Andrew Barss Woodturning 10 October 29th 03 03:58 PM