Old October 1st 07, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default More pencil post bed progress...

Iíve tapered the posts for the bed. I made a honkín big jig to cut the
tapers and corner bevels. After cutting the tapers I hand planed the saw
marks off although with my new saw and a good blade there wasnít much.
Since these pics were taken Iíve cut the upper lambs tongues. I needed
to order a lager chamfer bit to shape the hex on the lower section after
which Iíll carve the lower lamps tongues.
Next step, build the rails.

PS Today the honkín big jig became the framing for a new out feed table
for the table saw.

Attached Thumbnails
More pencil post bed progress...-indexplate-jpg  More pencil post bed progress...-indexerend-jpg  More pencil post bed progress...-cuttingtapers-jpg  More pencil post bed progress...-cuttingtapers2-jpg  More pencil post bed progress...-handplaning-jpg

Old October 4th 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

What a huge project..
Who is going to be the lucky recipient of this heirloom?
I can hardly wait to see more progress.

Kate

. ..

Bed progress Stoutman Woodworking 25 February 20th 07 05:09 PM
Work in Progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 4 January 6th 07 12:27 AM
Pictures. To post or not to post. Musing about the option. Arch Woodturning 4 July 23rd 06 01:56 PM
DIY-DRO: progress with YADRO Nick MŁller Metalworking 3 December 27th 05 06:33 PM
Wood Question: Which is stronger, a round post or square post? McQualude Woodworking 68 November 16th 03 08:19 AM