Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Posting Rules?

As I found out today there are places you can post pictures and places you
can't post pictures of your work. So at least I learned something new for
the day. Is there a FAQ for this group or someone willing to tell me the
proper way to post here.

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message
As I found out today there are places you can post pictures and places you
can't post pictures of your work. So at least I learned something new for
the day. Is there a FAQ for this group or someone willing to tell me the
proper way to post here.

While there is no one on earth with the power to enforce any rules
whatsoever, the name of the newsgroup pretty well spells out its generally
accepted practice/rules.

Binary pictures of woodworking projects, usually in jpeg format, but that
format is not a requirement, unless you want most folks to see your efforts
with effort on their part.

Most consider it polite to limit the resolution/size to something that is
easy for those on a dialup connection to download within a few minutes.

Most of the picture posted seem to be in the 80 - 250 KB range without
upsetting the apple cart of ire.

That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal dues.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

| That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal
| dues.

There is no cabal. :-|

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , "asmurff" wrote:
As I found out today there are places you can post pictures and places you
can't post pictures of your work. So at least I learned something new for
the day. Is there a FAQ for this group or someone willing to tell me the
proper way to post here.

Just attach the pic (preferably as a JPEG file) to your post...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message
As I found out today there are places you can post pictures and places you
can't post pictures of your work. So at least I learned something new for
the day. Is there a FAQ for this group or someone willing to tell me the
proper way to post here.

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying

I think the rule about text only groups dates back the days of dial up ISP's
and bandwidth. People were paying by the minute in those days and didn't
want to spend time waiting for a picture to download.

I am not personally offended, but I just thought you should know what goes
on.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Swingman wrote:

| That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal
| dues.

There is no cabal. :-|

If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:
Swingman wrote:

| That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal
| dues.

There is no cabal. :-|

If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?

...Kevin

Hey now, be careful. You could be in trouble with the cabal (there is no
cabal), if there was one, for saying that.

BTW, who is signed up for the refreshments for this month's meeting (there
is no meeting)?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
| Kevin Miller wrote:
|
|| Morris Dovey wrote:
||| There is no cabal. :-|
|| If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?
|| ...Kevin
|
| Hey now, be careful. You could be in trouble with the cabal
| (there is no cabal), if there was one, for saying that.
|
| BTW, who is signed up for the refreshments for this month's
| meeting (there is no meeting)?

This month's meeting is not being held at Le Moliere (40 Rue
Saint-Honore). The management has graciously offered to not provide
the non-members of the Cabal with luncheon fit for kings and has asked
that cell phones be turned off before entering the restaurant (let
family members know that emergency calls can be directed to the house
phone at 0142 33 47 33).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:

That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal dues.

If you post using YENC, someone is sure to bitch about it.

Likewise make sure the software you're using isn't set to split larger
files into multi-part segments on upload.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Were do I send the Monopoly money for my dues?

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Mark & Juanita wrote:
| Kevin Miller wrote:
|
|| Morris Dovey wrote:
||| There is no cabal. :-|
|| If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?
|| ...Kevin
|
| Hey now, be careful. You could be in trouble with the cabal
| (there is no cabal), if there was one, for saying that.
|
| BTW, who is signed up for the refreshments for this month's
| meeting (there is no meeting)?

This month's meeting is not being held at Le Moliere (40 Rue
Saint-Honore). The management has graciously offered to not provide
the non-members of the Cabal with luncheon fit for kings and has asked
that cell phones be turned off before entering the restaurant (let
family members know that emergency calls can be directed to the house
phone at 0142 33 47 33).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:10:59 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"asmurff" wrote in message
[...]

I'm in some pretty loose groups as far as rules go.. used to post pictures to
text groups once in a while on request...
Then, we moved to Mexico and got the damn dish and a new news server and the
SERVER rejects pictures if it's not a picture group!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

asmurff wrote:
| Were do I send the Monopoly money for my dues?

There are no dues because there is no Cabal. However, if you have an
only slightly-used virgin deliver them (sandwiched between boards of
white oak and hard maple) to JOAT, he would probably be willing to
handle the details.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Mark & Juanita wrote:
| Kevin Miller wrote:
|
|| Morris Dovey wrote:
||| There is no cabal. :-|
|| If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?
|| ...Kevin
|
| Hey now, be careful. You could be in trouble with the cabal
| (there is no cabal), if there was one, for saying that.
|
| BTW, who is signed up for the refreshments for this month's
| meeting (there is no meeting)?

This month's meeting is not being held at Le Moliere (40 Rue
Saint-Honore). The management has graciously offered to not provide
the non-members of the Cabal with luncheon fit for kings and has asked
that cell phones be turned off before entering the restaurant (let
family members know that emergency calls can be directed to the house
phone at 0142 33 47 33).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

And don't forget to bring a toad...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:

Swingman wrote:

| That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal
| dues.

There is no cabal. :-|

If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?

...Kevin

There is no cabal but remember that wooddorkers are stupid but crafty
and bear watching.
Anon-
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:18:02 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

This month's meeting is not being held at Le Moliere (40 Rue
Saint-Honore).

Why was it moved from "The Meadows"?

Hint: "So, I Married an Axe Murderer..."

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

B a r r y wrote:
| On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:18:02 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
| wrote:
|
|| This month's meeting is not being held at Le Moliere (40 Rue
|| Saint-Honore).
|
| Why was it moved from "The Meadows"?
|
| Hint: "So, I Married an Axe Murderer..."

So we^H^Hthey could raise a farewell glass to Marcel Marceau, walk the
few blocks to the Louvre for a bit of creative inspiration, take in
the late show at the Moulin Rouge, and spend the next day looking over
the new woodwork at the Versailles Palace before returning to "Which
tablesaw/bandsaw/dovetail jig...?"

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:27:29 -0700, jo4hn wrote:

Kevin Miller wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:

Swingman wrote:

| That's pretty much it ... and oh yeah, be sure to pay your cabal
| dues.

There is no cabal. :-|

If there's no cabal, then why does everybody try to cover it up?

...Kevin

There is no cabal but remember that wooddorkers are stupid but crafty
and bear watching.
Anon-

And have lots of (hopefully) very sharp tools..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:

There is no cabal but remember that wooddorkers are stupid but crafty
and bear watching.
Anon-

Bear watching... Sounds dangerous!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:38:18 -0500, Chris Damico wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

There is no cabal but remember that wooddorkers are stupid but crafty
and bear watching.
Anon-

Bear watching... Sounds dangerous!

Especially if you adhere to the "right to arm bears" thing...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

There is no cabal but remember that wooddorkers are stupid but crafty
and bear watching.
Anon-

Bear watching... Sounds dangerous!

Especially if you adhere to the "right to arm bears" thing...

This reminds me of an off-topic dirtbike joke:

Astride his shiny new 125, Frank was thoroughly excited about going riding
in the mountains for the first time. After going only a few miles, Frank was
surprised to see what appeared to be a half-acre of brown fur just off the
trail ahead. Recognizing it as a huge grizzly bear, Frank nailed the
throttle hard, hoping to get by before the bear could react. The bear was
too quick, though, and with one leap was totally blocking the trail. Frank
had no choice but to stop.

"Now that you've disturbed my sleep", said the bear, "you have two choices.
Either I maul you to death or we have sex." Frightened beyond belief, Frank
decided to bend over.

Still sore a week later, Frank vowed revenge. Back to the cycle shop he
went, where he traded in the 125 for a hot 250. Soon he was back on the
mountain, heading down the trail. It wasn't long at all before he spotted
the grizzly again, napping beside the trail. Feeling certain he had the
necessary power this time, Frank nailed the throttle and shot ahead. But
once again the bear was too quick, and again he blocked the trail. "That was
a big mistake, Frank", said the bear. "But, you know the drill. Either I
maul you to death or we have sex... rough sex." Fearful for his life, Frank
again decided that it would be wise to comply.

This time it took weeks before Frank recovered enough to get around. But
still outraged at the bear, he traded in the 250 and got the hottest 500
money could buy before heading back to the mountain. Now he could outrun the
bear, and now he'd prove who was the master! And with the faster 500 under
him, it took no time at all before he looked ahead and saw the huge grizzly
again. Frank lowered his head, down shifted, and confidently nailed the
throttle hard, rocketing ahead so quickly he was barely able to hang on.
Incredibly, however, the bear was quicker still, and Frank had no choice but
to come to a sliding halt in front of the bear now blocking the trail. A
chill ran up his spine as he waited for the bear to speak.

"C'mon, Frank", said the bear. "Admit it. You don't come here to trail ride
any more, do you?"

planning rules???? MadJen UK diy 14 July 20th 06 10:24 AM
MLB Bat Rules Tom Watson Woodworking 24 April 17th 06 05:08 PM
Forrest Rules! brianlanning Woodworking 2 March 31st 06 11:17 PM
Part P is bo**ox! DIY rules! Part P Avoider UK diy 8 December 6th 05 04:46 PM
Rules for editing/posting Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 10 April 1st 05 04:59 AM