Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Ornament 4 - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "IMG00007.JPG" 73540 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Ornament 4 - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "IMG00007.JPG" 73540 bytes  (1/1)-img00007-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:06:10 -0400, "James Meyers"
wrote:

You should learn how to post a picture.
Jim

Hmmmm. I downloaded and viewed all of them. Perhaps the problem is not
at the poster's end?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

You should learn how to post a picture.
Jim

Hmmmm. I downloaded and viewed all of them. Perhaps the problem is not
at the poster's end?

Your yEnc format is not read by many newsreaders. We have this discussion on
here every month or so. I have to read these posts on a work computer, which
forbids me from downloading anything other than standard formats. So your
posts consists of pages and pages of gibberish.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
You should learn how to post a picture.

Your yEnc format is not read by many newsreaders. We have this discussion

on
here every month or so. I have to read these posts on a work computer,

which
forbids me from downloading anything other than standard formats.

Just to clarify some things, yEnc is read by many newsreaders, Outlook and
Outlook Express are some of the few exceptions of newsreaders that don't (so
far anyway). There isn't any way to specifically forbid yEnc (not even by a
network administrator), it's just that Outlook isn't programmed to read it.
I use Outlook too, but also use another newreader when I want to view images
that are yEnc encoded. If anybody wants to read yEnc but refused use
anything else than Outlook, then they should look into yproxy, an add-on
that will let you view these files.

Another alternative is just to right click on the image and download it to
the desktop where it can be easily viewed. That works fine as long as it's
not a large image or someone is on dialup and doesn't want to put in the
time.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

[...]

In other words it is not a standard JPG picture right?
Jim

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

James Meyers laid this down on his screen :
"Upscale" wrote in message

[...]

Well, technically (and I am not supporting posting of yEnc in this
group ) it is a standard JPG but it is encoded in yEnc and expected to
be decoded using a yEnc decoder at your end to reform into the JPG that
we all know and love. yEnc is popular with groups that post large
numbers of large files as it compresses the file better than most and
gives significant bandwith advantages to the poster and the downloader.
However in a group like this, the advantages are negligible and the
angst it causes many group members significant, so it is best to avoid
using it here.

Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
Well, technically (and I am not supporting posting of yEnc in this
group ) it is a standard JPG but it is encoded in yEnc and expected to
be decoded using a yEnc decoder at your end to reform into the JPG that
we all know and love.

Agreed and the biggest point unstated is that it just doesn't make sense to
use yEnc here. Anybody that is proud enough of something they've built to
place it online should be making it as easy as possible for others to view
it. In simplest terms that means that yEnc shouldn't be used because a
sizable amount of people here won't be able to view it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Upscale laid this down on his screen :
"Mekon" wrote in message
Well, technically (and I am not supporting posting of yEnc in this
group ) it is a standard JPG but it is encoded in yEnc and expected to
be decoded using a yEnc decoder at your end to reform into the JPG that
we all know and love.

Agreed and the biggest point unstated is that it just doesn't make sense to
use yEnc here. Anybody that is proud enough of something they've built to
place it online should be making it as easy as possible for others to view
it. In simplest terms that means that yEnc shouldn't be used because a
sizable amount of people here won't be able to view it.

Yeah, the savings in bandwith don't outweigh the angst.

Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Christopher,
Would love to see them, but all I get is the binary code here.
Using OE....

Kate